Any mid-Atlantic people in the market for an F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dealer in the Baltimore area seems to be having a fire sale on F-150 trucks. For example:

2015 F-150

2015 F-150 crew cab, Off Road package, tow package etc. 2.7L TT V6 Ecoboost. Sticker (which you can view) is $41,605 dropped to $29,553. Many other seemingly good deals there.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone was interested.

That's one of the ugliest trucks that I've seen in a long time. No wonder they're trying to unload it.

It's a loss leader, and an ugly one at that.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
That's one of the ugliest trucks that I've seen in a long time. No wonder they're trying to unload it.

It's a loss leader, and an ugly one at that.

It looks like the offspring of a Tundra and a Ram. Each is good on its own, buy mashed together like that...no thanks!

Ford's packaging sure has gotten interesting...vinyl floor, full center console, "XL" trim, power everything, plain white/black plastic exterior but with "FX4" decals and alloy wheels, rear air, plastic steering wheel.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
in case anyone was interested.

I am, but genuinely wonder about the durability of a twin-turbocharged 164 cubic inch engine in a 5,000lb. truck when it's put to work.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

I am, but genuinely wonder about the durability of a twin-turbocharged 164 cubic inch engine in a 5,000lb. truck when it's put to work.

What's the saying? There's no replacement for displacement. I'm not a fan of the Ecoboost, or DI in general even though I own one, but that is a great price for a full size truck with some options. Someone with not-so-deep pockets could get a good score with this one.

Also, there are some V8s in there on sale as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It gives you an idea of how grossly overpriced pickups are to begin with.
Yup. IMO, even $29k is too much for a V6 half ton pickup.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It gives you an idea of how grossly overpriced pickups are to begin with.
Yup. IMO, even $29k is too much for a V6 half ton pickup.
Yes but price a Toyota Tacoma!

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

What's the saying? There's no replacement for displacement. I'm not a fan of the Ecoboost, or DI in general even though I own one, but that is a great price for a full size truck with some options. Someone with not-so-deep pockets could get a good score with this one.

Also, there are some V8s in there on sale as well.

Recent F150 owner here. Mine is a 2013 as I rarely buy new and prefer 1-3yo low mileage used vehicles. IMO if you are going with the Ecoboost go with the 3.5L EB as Ford has the kinks worked out now in this engine. It is a good engine and powers the F150 very nicely. 2.7L is a fairly new EB engine and like you I worry about it in such a large vehicle.
Given all that, I opted for the 5.0L Coyote V8 in my F150
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back