Any Miami Dolphins superfans?

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
Dug this out of a childhood storage - was a gift from a friend.

Im trying to determine which year this team was from?

I can make out Bob Griese and Larry Czonka, but thats it.....

IMG_1614.jpeg
IMG_1613.jpeg
IMG_1612.jpeg

That balls from a time before Marino so it's probably some time in 1970s.

Btw I'm not a huge Miami fan, but getting all the Buffalo bills games on tv, you'd see plenty of games against the Dolphins.

That balls from a time before Marino so it's probably some time in 1970s.

Btw I'm not a huge Miami fan, but getting all the Buffalo bills games on tv, you'd see plenty of games against the Dolphins.

Im not a huge Miami fan either, but this came into my possession (40 years ago) I forgot about about it.....

I dont know enough about the team to know what year it is.

That’s a very valuable ball! The 1972 Dolphins went undefeated and beat the Redskins in the 72 Super Bowl, though the ball could be from 1973. Along with Czonka and Griese should have signatures of Earl Morrall, Mercury Morris, Bob Kueschenberg, Jim Kiick, among many others. Morrall should have started and played the 72 Super Bowl for the Dolphins. Griese was injured for a big part of the season ( played the first 5 games) and Earl Morrall took them to the Super Bowl, winning 11 straight games but didn’t get to play in the Super Bowl. A slight that angers me even 50 years later. IMO Morrall was the greatest back up NFL quarterback ever!

Reactions: JC1
O found the "carbon date" sig that places it as a 73, one year off from the holy grail ball. Thomas E Smith.

Still a nice piece for sure.

Bob Griese
Doug Swift
Bob Keuchenberg
Larry Seiple
Bruce Bannon

are on that....

That’s a very valuable ball! The 1972 Dolphins went undefeated and beat the Redskins in the 72 Super Bowl, though the ball could be from 1973. Along with Czonka and Griese should have signatures of Earl Morrall, Mercury Morris, Bob Kueschenberg, Jim Kiick, among many others. Morrall should have started and played the 72 Super Bowl for the Dolphins. Griese was injured for a big part of the season ( played the first 5 games) and Earl Morrall took them to the Super Bowl, winning 11 straight games but didn’t get to play in the Super Bowl. A slight that angers me even 50 years later. IMO Morrall was the greatest back up NFL quarterback ever!
I vote Rich Gannon for the Chiefs in 1997 for greatest backup QB.

Elvis Grbac started the first nine games and the Chiefs were looking pretty good with him as the quarterback. He got injured though and Rich Gannon stepped up in the biggest way possible and helped get the Chiefs the top seed in the AFC playoffs.

Too bad Grbac got healthy in time for the playoff game vs. Denver. Denver won 14-10.

Grbac only remained with the Chiefs through the end of the 2000 season while Gannon signed with the Raiders in 1999 and led them to a Super Bowl appearance in 2002.

Back