Any members in the Charlotte NC area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and are there any members here on this wonderful board that are near/in the Charlotte or Lake Norman NC area? I ask this as I may be moving there very soon as have found a few job oppurtunities. My mother and stepfather live there, as does my brothers wifes parents do also. I have visited there about 4 times and already really like the area, and lots of wonderful folks there.

thank you in advance and have a great weekend,

adam vasbinder

I don't live there but I have been there a few times and I also like the Charlotte area. Freindly people and very laid back city unlike South FL.
What type of job are you looking to apply for ?

There are a few of us here in NC. I am in the LKN area. Job market slow to recover here. Housing market - of course - is a buyer's one. If you head this way, good luck with the transition.

I've met with people that worked for Dade Behring (now Siemens) and its a great company to work for. Good Luck with your job search.

I live in west Charlotte, by UNCC. I work close to Uptown. It's not a bad place to live overall, but it is getting crowded. Traffic can be really bad during rush hour times, public transit is nearly useless and very slow here, so driving is your only option.

The city is mostly safe. Even more ghetto areas are not horribly bad. The Hidden Valley neighborhood was featured on the show Gandland, but I drive through it every morning on the way to work without a second thought.

There are a fair number of good places to eat and things to do here. Basically a laid back, but somewhat entertaining city. I have no plans to move.

Charlotte isn't too expensive either. You can find decent places to live pretty cheap. I'm just out of college working a semi-blue collar job and I have a big [censored] pond in my backyard (boat sized), I don't have to worry about my truck getting broken into, and everything is convenient. I can't complain, and I don't think I could live like this everywhere.

Heck in the south my friend (dont know your name), you can buy your beer in the grocery stores too! We here in PA cant. I put in some resumes with TIMKEN and SIEMENS recently, so we'll wait and see. I hear there are a lot of pretty women there and I have seen this already.

wish me luck,

adam

I'm in Huntersville. It's a nice area in general. Some not so nice places around here but that's true in pretty much every region.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back