Any later model Expeditions on here? 2007-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious if anyone has any reliability thoughts/experiences with these vehicles. The seem to be decently rated in everything I've read on the internet, but I wouldn't mind some real world experiences.

I've gotten a lot of great information on here over the years so hopefully that continues!!

We just bought a 2010 Expedition EL Limited 2wd w/ tow package. So far so good, only have 3k on it ourselves (had 67k on it when we bought it). The 5.4L pulls all day long, gets 17mpg highway when averaging 75-80mph (yes that's actually going the speed limit), very spacious, luxurious interior, rides like a dream on the highway, has a 9000lb. tow capacity.

We cross shopped the Suburban LTZ, and felt the Expedition EL was a nicer vehicle. The fold flat power 3rd row seats are awesome.

Maintenance is easy, I spent longer getting tools together and waiting for the old oil to drain out than I did actual work.

I have talked to some other guys with 5.4L 6 speed auto 2010s and they love the trucks. The 5.4L is a true "truck engine", you won't win any races, but I've yet to feel it run out of steam.

Originally Posted By: thr_wedge
We just bought a 2010 Expedition EL Limited 2wd w/ tow package. So far so good, only have 3k on it ourselves (had 67k on it when we bought it). The 5.4L pulls all day long, gets 17mpg highway when averaging 75-80mph (yes that's actually going the speed limit), very spacious, luxurious interior, rides like a dream on the highway, has a 9000lb. tow capacity.

We cross shopped the Suburban LTZ, and felt the Expedition EL was a nicer vehicle. The fold flat power 3rd row seats are awesome.

Maintenance is easy, I spent longer getting tools together and waiting for the old oil to drain out than I did actual work.

I have talked to some other guys with 5.4L 6 speed auto 2010s and they love the trucks. The 5.4L is a true "truck engine", you won't win any races, but I've yet to feel it run out of steam.

That's kind of funny, I'm actually looking at an 09 EL Limited tomorrow, except 4x4.

It's good to hear your (short) experience seems to echo everything I've read about them so far.

I'm definitely not looking for a racer, just something reliable and safe that will be able to fit the family and serve second car duties. After this coming fall, I doubt it will see more than 6000 miles a year, as I won't be needing a commuter. Just evening and weekend duties I expect.

Our annual mileage on the Expy will only be around 6-8k a year, the vehicle it replaced was also a gas hog (2007 Mazda CX7, that car was SOOOO thirsty on Premium. At 80mph it got a whopping 18mpg and it wasn't nearly as nice a ride as the Expy).

I wanted a safe & reliable vehicle as well. While I say not a racer, you won't have a problem merging with traffic :)

One thing you might need to consider are the power running boards. In Texas, the power running boards are very nice to have. In Canada, they might get screwed up from salt/corrosion.

The Limited is great I'm glad we found one in that package, the seats are very comfortable, and the power memory feature that you can tie to the remote is awesome since it is my wife's vehicle, but I drive it all weekend.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thr_wedge

One thing you might need to consider are the power running boards. In Texas, the power running boards are very nice to have. In Canada, they might get screwed up from salt/corrosion.

Yeah I'm not too concerned about them. If they work, they work. If they break, I won't bother fixing them. I really don't see them being that useful.

They'll definitely take a beating from the salt, snow, slush, and ice up here in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back