any issues using M1 EP for low mileage car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I mentioned in another post that I've managed to source some M1 5-30 EP down here in Aus (imported from the US).
The oil will be going into an LSA engined car which only travels around 2000kms (~1200miles) between changes, which is
every 9mths. Is there any problem (or indeed advantages) of using an EP oil in this situation?

Thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
No and no. The advantage is long drain intervals.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
You'll be fine. I used it in my Caliber that saw ~6,200 miles in a 12 month period. Oil handled it great.

Thankyou both, much appreicated
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Just to be safe carry a fire extinguisher.

I'm really hoping this is sarcasm..?

Originally Posted by OZHSV
Hi all,

I mentioned in another post that I've managed to source some M1 5-30 EP down here in Aus (imported from the US).
The oil will be going into an LSA engined car which only travels around 2000kms (~1200miles) between changes, which is
every 9mths. Is there any problem (or indeed advantages) of using an EP oil in this situation?

Thanks
smile.gif

I'm not sure why you would run a nine month OCI with that oil, even in that engine. Why not extend it to 12-18 months?

Originally Posted by Astro_Guy
Hi all,

Thanks
smile.gif

I'm not sure why you would run a nine month OCI with that oil, even in that engine. Why not extend it to 12-18 months?

Because warranty...The manufacturer specifies a change interval of 15000kms or nine months..whichever comes first..

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks
smile.gif

Because warranty...The manufacturer specifies a change interval of 15000kms or nine months..whichever comes first..
Okay mate, so why did you bother asking? BTW - you didn't say where you live in OZ. I doubt that it matters from a climate perspective...

Not gonna hurt nor really benefit much. I'd just use what's suitable but most cost effective for you there.

Hi all,

Thanks
smile.gif

You'll be fine.. I'd be more worried about finding a deadly (-insert practically any Australian critter-) in your cabin or under the hood!...‚

Hi all,

Thanks
smile.gif

Okay mate, so why did you bother asking? BTW - you didn't say where you live in OZ. I doubt that it matters from a climate perspective...

Wow..not sure why you're being snippy? I asked because we normally don't have access to this oil over here and you guys use it all the time, so wanted to hear from those with experience? Is that OK?

I live in Sydney, so yes..nothing to do with climate.

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Nothing cheaper for a low 2k kms? Id use cheaper oil.

Yeah there is definitely cheaper oil, but I don't mind spending a buck for better stuff. This car is never leaving my possession
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
You'll be fine.. I'd be more worried about finding a deadly (-insert practically any Australian critter-) in your cabin or under the hood!...‚

That's always a consideration, but luckily nothing so far!!

Wow..not sure why you're being snippy? I asked because we normally don't have access to this oil over here and you guys use it all the time, so wanted to hear from those with experience? Is that OK?

I live in Sydney, so yes..nothing to do with climate.

Welcome to BITOG where anything beyond the bare minimum is seen as superfluous,
lol.gif

Hey buddy..that oil will swing a 12 month and sleep well with that. Dont waste it.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Welcome to BITOG where anything beyond the bare minimum is seen as superfluous,
lol.gif

Haha, very good!

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Hey buddy..that oil will swing a 12 month and sleep well with that. Dont waste it.

Thanks very much, I appreciate your comment
smile.gif

The only "problem" would be running an extended performance oil for only 1200 miles. Definitely overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back