Any ideas from the Board on a good Sound System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Keep in mind the visuals. If you're like me, you do not want a head unit blaring out neon blues that illuminate the entire cab. Look into a red or orange display and adjustable light levels.

+1! The unit I put into the track was a panasonic with a super bright blue display that was undimmable...
crazy.gif
Fortunately you can just hit a button for the face to flip forward and sit there unlit.
The JVC one I have in the Neon has 30 preset colours and you can make several thousand colours. I made it match the orange of the dash gauges and have a dark red preset for night driving.

Originally Posted By: grampi
bigmike

Nothing compares to a solobaric? You're kidding, right? That, or you just haven't heard many subs...

The old round style 12s and 15s could handle a ton of abuse. They're built like tanks and in a good, sealed box - yes, they sound great.

I used to carry around a spare back window on my old B2000 truck when I went to shows, in case I blew the rear window out, which happened once before. A friend of mine had a 15" in a ext. cab Dakota and he'd pop his rear side windows with a 1000 watt JL amp.

I haven't messed with subs in the last several years. I read up on them occasionally, but that's about it. I lost too much hearing, spent too much money, and it soaks up your time.

This is one of the boxes/back wall I built goofing off one weekend a *long* time ago:

Dscf0003-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: grampi
bigmike

Nothing compares to a solobaric? You're kidding, right? That, or you just haven't heard many subs...

The old round style 12s and 15s could handle a ton of abuse. They're built like tanks and in a good, sealed box - yes, they sound great.

I used to carry around a spare back window on my old B2000 truck when I went to shows, in case I blew the rear window out, which happened once before. A friend of mine had a 15" in a ext. cab Dakota and he'd pop his rear side windows with a 1000 watt JL amp.

I haven't messed with subs in the last several years. I read up on them occasionally, but that's about it. I lost too much hearing, spent too much money, and it soaks up your time.

This is one of the boxes/back wall I built goofing off one weekend a *long* time ago:

Dscf0003-2.jpg

Just saying, your statement that "nothing compares to the solobarics" is more than a bit of a stretch. There are many, many better subs available.

Ultimate Electronics is closing ALL stores by April.
With the sales prices, their auto stereo section isn't too bad. I'm still waiting for another 10-20% drop(maybe next week or two?). But, their current discount matches many online prices for various speakers, head units, and amplifiers.
Definitely worth a visit since there are several stores in the Northeast.
I am eyeballing some Alpine HU's, along with Focal and Alpine speakers/amps. Hopefully, the price will drop some more prior to closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back