Any idea what this would cost?

Walked around my car while I was filling it up this morning, found this little gem (courtesy of god knows who/what in some parking lot).

I figure...pointless dent repair expert? Or autobody shop?

Any idea what a PDR guy would charge for something like this? It’s about 3 inches long and easily accessible underneath.

Attachments

• 73C89FC1-DBE8-4722-95F2-24BF86F1C0F3.jpeg
    73C89FC1-DBE8-4722-95F2-24BF86F1C0F3.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 2B74F9C4-65F4-4C48-9328-AAA189A1DFC4.jpeg
    2B74F9C4-65F4-4C48-9328-AAA189A1DFC4.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 66
  • BD0E3269-5B30-4C88-8253-023819C0FFE4.jpeg
    BD0E3269-5B30-4C88-8253-023819C0FFE4.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 65
You know I used to laugh at guys who parked out in left field at malls and grocery stores but I get it now. There are so many dumb bells out there who can’t drive, or park. This would drive me nuts. And my fleet is not that expensive.

I would expect to pay about $150 for PDR but if the paint is damaged they probably wont be able to do anything about that.
Great, thanks. There is a little chip in the center and bottom. Figured I’d just use touch up paint for that part I guess.

You know I used to laugh at guys who parked out in left field at malls and grocery stores but I get it now. There are so many dumb bells out there who can’t drive, or park. This would drive me nuts. And my fleet is not that expensive.
So here’s the thing...for the past 5-6 years I owned a “nice car” and would always park it away a little bit in parking lots, etc.

Now I own a 2016 Avalon, still a nice car, but I figured...hey, I’m not going to worry about things as much...Sox months of owning this thing and this is my second ding. The first wasn’t as big as this one, this one I’m not living with. After I get this fixed I’m going back to my “parking in the back of parking lots”, stuff again.

I always park well away from everyone. I don’t mind walking LITERALLY 10 MORE SECONDS! It’s more about space to get in and out plus loading and unloading than anything else.

I once had someone “teach me a lesson”, however, by parking 6” from my passenger side. I was five rows back and next to a painted walkway. It was faded, but a walkway nonetheless. He parked in the walkway and must have either had great skill, a spotter, or tried a couple of times to get completely parallel with me and that close.

He may or may not have come out to find his windshield wipers removed, side-view mirrors pushed in and a nice nasty gram taped to his windshield explaining the reason. My wife talked me out of deflating his tires.

What magical stereotypical whip was I so proud of? An ~ 8 year-old Civic LX...

I always park well away from everyone. I don’t mind walking LITERALLY 10 MORE SECONDS! It’s more about space to get in and out plus loading and unloading than anything else.

I once had someone “teach me a lesson”, however, by parking 6” from my passenger side. I was five rows back and next to a painted walkway. It was faded, but a walkway nonetheless. He parked in the walkway and must have either had great skill, a spotter, or tried a couple of times to get completely parallel with me and that close.

He may or may not have come out to find his windshield wipers removed, side-view mirrors pushed in and a nice nasty gram taped to his windshield explaining the reason. My wife talked me out of deflating his tires.

I don't get people who think it's funny to park close like that.
You know, I went back to school, many long nights, worked for a long time and saved my money.
Nobody gave me my cars.

You should see the hate for Teslas. Get keyed all the time.

I'm one of those people who park out in left field. It annoys the hell out of my wife, she'll often say why didn't we just walk, or drop me off and meet me in the store after you park. I tell her there are too many a-holes around making it difficult to keep a vehicle nice, and I park far away to try and avoid them.

Some guys who retrieve shopping carts from the parking lot cause a lot of scratches. I've learned to never park close to those cart stations.

I don't get people who think it's funny to park close like that.
You know, I went back to school, many long nights, worked for a long time and saved my money.
Nobody gave me my cars.

You should see the hate for Teslas. Get keyed all the time.
Wait, has someone keyed your Tesla? I can’t even imagine buying a nice car like that and someone keying the thing because they don’t like electric cars. Wow. I’d be furious.

I'm one of those people who park out in left field. It annoys the hell out of my wife, she'll often say why didn't we just walk, or drop me off and meet me in the store after you park. I tell her there are too many a-holes around making it difficult to keep a vehicle nice, and I park far away to try and avoid them.
I know what you mean, for years I took a lot of crap from the wife and kids because I wouldn’t park close to the store, movie theater, whatever. I’ll tell you what, I learned a valuable lesson this week.

I was looking at this dent last night just trying to figure out what it was that caused it. I can’t picture a carriage or car door doing that...but maybe it could? I have been parking near the carriage returns lately...figured...hey, at least a car can’t hit me on that side. I guess that was a mistake. Lol.

So here’s the thing...for the past 5-6 years I owned a “nice car” and would always park it away a little bit in parking lots, etc.

Now I own a 2016 Avalon, still a nice car, but I figured...hey, I’m not going to worry about things as much...Sox months of owning this thing and this is my second ding. The first wasn’t as big as this one, this one I’m not living with. After I get this fixed I’m going back to my “parking in the back of parking lots”, stuff again.
I always park way back in the lot and I drive older vehicles that are not even perfect. But I sure don’t want any additional dents added. My 94 e150 is rust free and actually really nice, it’s the one I always put at the end of the lot being it takes up a whole parking spot it’s much more likely to take a hit from a door. No idea why anyone would open their door hitting anything let alone another vehicle. Guy at work has a super beat up old ranger and I accidentally hit his mirror with my door making a scuff that I was able to remove. I couldn’t believe I actually slipped and let the door go like that. Did nothing to his mirror but I still had him go look. I had opened the door to its stop but the wind blew really hard and took it past the point I had put it. Wow it stressed me out. Definitely a wake up I guess I needed obviously. I know it won’t be happening again.

Last edited:
Wait, has someone keyed your Tesla? I can’t even imagine buying a nice car like that and someone keying the thing because they don’t like electric cars. Wow. I’d be furious.
Our car has not been keyed. But it has been used for people to put their stuff on while unlocking their cars.
"Dude, really?" "Oh gee, sorry..."
The Tesla community is ripe with stories of vandalism; keying is all too common. I don't get it.

Even that doesn't prevent all the dumb bells out there! I do this and they still find me. LOL

So he didn't touch your car but you touched his?

As for OP, is there a way you can get a deflated basketball behind the fender and pump it up, so it pops this out?

So he didn't touch your car but you touched his?

As for OP, is there a way you can get a deflated basketball behind the fender and pump it up, so it pops this out?
Excellent deductive skills (y)

That angle looks too sharp for the basketball method, as rule number 8 states: “it’s always worth a shot”

Back