Any Hellcat owner here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by HemiBenny
People who buy Hellcats apparently don't care about going around corners...

I beg to differ, some people know how to drive.

Put it on a track with a Z06 and see what happens...[/quote]

I don't recall saying that it would beat a Z06 at the track, that's an assumption on your part. It is a good handling car, for It's size and power, if the driver understands that it doesn't do corners like a Z06.

These cars do handle well although I'm sure not as well as a Z06. I think they're an excellent balance of handling and comfort, I like the higher ride height on my Challenger, it's really easy to get in and out of. I know it sounds silly, but I hate riding on the ground and twisting myself into a pretzel to get in and out of a vehicle.

My Challenger has no problem taking on and off ramps at a pretty good speed, and feeling extremely stable in the process.

Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Replacing a Z06 with a Hellcat...big step down...and why keep the Cobra over the Z06? Makes no sense...

A step down? In which way? The Hellcat looks better, sounds better, rides better, with more power and a nicer interior.

Is it a C6z06 or a C7z06? Looks being subjective, the Hellcat and a C7z are pretty similar in 1/4 times but the vettes turn a lot better than that boat.

People who buy Hellcats apparently don't care about going around corners...

If going around corners is the objective, find a nice example of the 5th gen Viper ACR.

Originally Posted by 02SE
If going around corners is the objective, find a nice example of the 5th gen Viper ACR.

Vipers are nice. In fact, I don't know why Dodge doesn't bring it back and put a Hellcat or a Demon motor in it...then they'd have a car that's fast in a straight line and around corners...

Originally Posted by Skippy722
There is nothing better sounding in the world than a very angry American v8 with a big ol' supercharger singing it's song strapped to the top of it.
grin.gif

My cobra whine that why I keep it . The c5 z06 is boring . And we always have problem when my kids and wife want go out for a drive . We all end up take the cobra since it have back seat . I have some one come look at the z06 Sunday .

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
There is nothing better sounding in the world than a very angry American v8 with a big ol' supercharger singing it's song strapped to the top of it.
grin.gif

My cobra whine that why I keep it . The c5 z06 is boring . And we always have problem when my kids and wife want go out for a drive . We all end up take the cobra since it have back seat . I have some one come look at the z06 Sunday .

So... Charger or Challenger?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Grampi
Vipers are nice. In fact, I don't know why Dodge doesn't bring it back and put a Hellcat or a Demon motor in it...then they'd have a car that's fast in a straight line and around corners...

Nah, the V10 is unique. In a straight line, the difference between a 5th gen Viper and a C7 Z06, is splitting hairs. With one or the other just edging out the other depending on the phase of the moon... I've found that most owners are like me, and have modified the V10 for more power anyway.

Last edited:
grin.gif

grin.gif

Yes, that is the question, Charger or Challenger? I personally love the looks of the Charger.

Last edited:
Challenger

grin.gif

grin.gif

Yes, that is the question, Charger or Challenger? I personally love the looks of the Charger.

Originally Posted by Roost426
Theres a grand cherokee with a hellcat motor to
cool.gif

Ah yes, the Trackhawk! AWD to get that power to the ground!

The Trackhawk is nice, but the wife and I preferred the X6 M. If you're in the market for a sporty SUV, drive both before deciding.

Originally Posted by Roost426
Theres a grand cherokee with a hellcat motor to
cool.gif

Ah yes, the Trackhawk! AWD to get that power to the ground!

And it works! I've got a ton of seat time in one and holy **** is it FUN!

I have a 2018 Charger Hellcat.

Here is a link to a Hellcat forum I frequent with a sticky on known problems:

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/information-of-known-hellcat-issues-reported-by-owners.3557/

Just make sure you don't buy a Hellcat that has been tuned, abused and put back to stock. My build quality hasn't been too bad except for the passenger side fender isn't perfect. The Charger is a great passenger car especially on long trips. OP, feel free to ask me anything on this thread or PM me.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back