Any harm in having a shop flush trans fluid in 62te

You were able to do this with a 62TE? If I remember right on my 2013 Grand Caravan, anything shoved down the dipstick/refill tube hits up against a stop well before it reaches the bottom of the pan. You could still suck out some fluid though.
Point the nose down. Ramps or driveway works.
Also using a flexible hose made it possible to get further past the bump stop in the trans tube.

What service intervals are you guys doing your drain and fills at? Seems the numbers vary a lot. I'm contemplate doing mine but only have 50,000kms on it so far.

What service intervals are you guys doing your drain and fills at? Seems the numbers vary a lot. I'm contemplate doing mine but only have 50,000kms on it so far.
Do it early, to get all the break-in debris out there, as already mentioned replace filter (if possible) and clean magnet(s).

Some transmissions have regular service intervals, some are "sealed for life" (not really). So the numbers will vary a lot.

Do it early, to get all the break-in debris out there, as already mentioned replace filter (if possible) and clean magnet(s).

Some transmissions have regular service intervals, some are "sealed for life" (not really). So the numbers will vary a lot.
Do today's modern transmissions have much break-in debris, or is this just carryover ideas from decades past? Look how engine break-in recommendations have changed.

Could have harm if they use the cooler lines and damage them but new fluid is typically better than old fluid IMO

There are dipstick flush machines too. If you have an extractor you can pull your fluid maybe 2-3 quarts from the tube then top off with new atf+4 and do that every few oil changes if you like

Biggest thing on these 62tes of that vintage is the torque converter failing, clogging the filter starving the pump

There are some random hard failures like compounders and occasional input clutch area, you get the occasional solenoid on the valve body the variable force one that’s for the converter lock up start to go bad, or valve body solenoid switch valve bore wear, but mostly it’s not a bad trans until the converter goes

Back