Any friends of StevieC here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garak, actually it was good because it had to go in for some warranty work unfortunately.
frown.gif

So far replaced:

Front Engine Mount
Strut Mount on both sides and one complete strut (front).
Transmission valve body.

27.gif
Hope that's it.

For a second I thought this was a 12 step program.
lol.gif

Maybe for internet addiction?

Originally Posted by StevieC
Garak, actually it was good because it had to go in for some warranty work unfortunately.
frown.gif

Those things all seem about right for your 400,000 km checkup.
wink.gif
Note you have to add a zero in your signature kilometres.

I was also wondering about you Stevie. Glad to hear your dad is doing better now and you're ok.

Good luck with your job hunting and enjoy the time away with friends.

Glad that Papa pulled through. The job loss is tough especially when you don't see it coming. I don't know what type of work you do but I wish you the best in getting back in the game after your "get away from it all" vacation.

Stevie - good to see you back on here. Thank God your dad is doing better! Good luck with landing another job.

How many miles are on the van that it needed all that work?

Originally Posted by StevieC
Guys, I'm alive and well and so is my dad (thank the man upstairs). My dad had been really sick with a pneumonia and was admitted to the ICU at the hospital. He pulled through and they sent him home and he seems to be over the pneumonia. We honestly didn't think he was going to make it but he did. He's back to where he was before coming down with the Pneumonia and stable now. He really is a fighter.

In the meantime my company went through some restructuring and I was let go along with a bunch of others and so I have been busy doing projects around my house and my dad's house since he got out of the hospital.

All this sort of kept me busy and off BITOG.
smile.gif

I'm going to take a week and visit my friends in Ohio for some R&R and a change of pace. Then when I get back hit the job boards and see what I can find although I sort have been talking to a couple folks already through contacts of mine.

cheers3.gif

Steve

I'm happy you and your Dad are doing as well as you both can. Enjoy your time and BITOG will be here when you come back.

Originally Posted by diyjake
I know last few months have been rough for Stevie but this forum is just not the same without him!

I've been on this forum for awhile now and have seen alot of people here stop posting.

The fact is, these forums aren't the same as they used to be.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
I know last few months have been rough for Stevie but this forum is just not the same without him!

I've been on this forum for awhile now and have seen alot of people here stop posting.

Don't see much from BrocL anymore - that's a loss.

Last edited:

I think the brand bashing and fanboism gets to people. Some dude is having a problem or just has a question about his vehicle and 30 pious blowhards pontificate about how awesome their 1997 Camry is and how the OP is a moron for not buying a Toyota. It gets a bit old. If I wanted to listen to people constantly pop-off about how junk every other brand is, I assume I could just join a Toyota forum since apparently their vehicles are so reliable, the only thing the owners can do is sit around and bash everybody else's choice. But perhaps the attendance is so low, they have to export their "enthusiasm" on to forums like this one
smirk.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I think the brand bashing and fanboism gets to people. Some dude is having a problem or just has a question about his vehicle and 30 pious blowhards pontificate about how awesome their 1997 Camry is and how the OP is a moron for not buying a Toyota. It gets a bit old. If I wanted to listen to people constantly pop-off about how junk every other brand is, I assume I could just join a Toyota forum since apparently their vehicles are so reliable, the only thing the owners can do is sit around and bash everybody else's choice. But perhaps the attendance is so low, they have to export their "enthusiasm" on to forums like this one
smirk.gif

In basketball, I'd summarize your summary with this: SWOSH ! - nuthin' but net ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back