Any experience with Napa's Ultra Premium Semi-Metallic pads? Or Carquest Standard/Premium Gold Semi-Metallics?

Need to get new front pads, and normally I'd order Raybestos stuff but I'm leaving for a trip soon and can't really wait for them to arrive next week. Looking at these prices:

$33 for Carquest Standard
$51 for Carquest Premium Gold
$62 for the Napa Ultra Premium

These were basically the only options I could available in nearby parts stores that could arrive within the next day

Need to get new front pads, and normally I'd order Raybestos stuff but I'm leaving for a trip soon and can't really wait for them to arrive next week. Looking at these prices:

$33 for Carquest Standard
$51 for Carquest Premium Gold
$62 for the Napa Ultra Premium

These were basically the only options I could available in nearby parts stores that could arrive within the next day
I have had good results from Carquest Golds. Good, noisefree braking.

Need to get new front pads, and normally I'd order Raybestos stuff but I'm leaving for a trip soon and can't really wait for them to arrive next week.
How low are the pads and how much will you be driving such that the current pads will be to the metal before you get back? Never be in a hurry to get repairs done or you might get overpriced or low quality parts. Example, Advance Auto and Napa has a Chinese fuel filter in stock for my car at $20-23, but instead I decided to wait a few days and order one from my Nissan dealer for $11.

I'm running a set of Carquest Premium Gold right now, put them in under the same circumstances as you. Have 5000+ miles of noise free good braking, I'm not going to change them out until they are worn out.

When I worked at an independent shop we used Napa ultra premium exclusively. They were great…our owner thought (and the spec sheets supported his thought, at least a few years ago) that ultra premiums are usually akebono pads re-boxed.

How low are the pads and how much will you be driving such that the current pads will be to the metal before you get back? Never be in a hurry to get repairs done or you might get overpriced or low quality parts. Example, Advance Auto and Napa has a Chinese fuel filter in stock for my car at $20-23, but instead I decided to wait a few days and order one from my Nissan dealer for $11.
They're not at the wear indicators, but stopping power has been extremely unimpressive - not interested in having that when I drive through the mountains (I will also be planning on flushing the brake fluid and filling with fresh DOT 3, of course).

When I worked at an independent shop we used Napa ultra premium exclusively. They were great…our owner thought (and the spec sheets supported his thought, at least a few years ago) that ultra premiums are usually akebono pads re-boxed.
That's interesting because I never see Akebono semi-metallics, just ceramics.

That's interesting because I never see Akebono semi-metallics, just ceramics.
Are ultra premiums supposed to be semi metallic? I don’t keep up on things, and this was also 10 years ago.

I had squeal problems with their adaptive one a few times, and no problems with adaptive one a few times. The few times I had a squeal were enough to keep me away from them on anything I sourced the parts for, though.

I clicked on a couple Napa Ultra Premium MSDS sheets, nothing in particular just randomly. They are ceramic, but made my New World Friction or Roloc.

Back