Any diff cover with a drain plug for a GM 10-bolt 7.5/7.625 that isn't over $100?

GM is too stupid to include a drain plug in their differentials, so it's time to start shopping for a cover that has a drain plug.

Unfortunately, all the covers I could find that have a drain plug are well over $100, many over $200

There are plenty of cheap covers with a drain plug for the 8.5, but not the 7.5

The Trick Flow & Summit Racing covers (Same manufacturer) are the best bolt-on value for the 7.5" & 7.6" GM Corporate differentials. This diff hasn't been in production for several years, So support is on the thin side.

You could weld a 1/8" or 1/4" NPT bung into the stock cover

The Trick Flow & Summit Racing covers (Same manufacturer) are the best bolt-on value for the 7.5" & 7.6" GM Corporate differentials. This diff hasn't been in production for several years, So support is on the thin side.

BUNG? Is that what people from England call their rear end? :ROFLMAO:
Could it be called a thread o let?
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. 39 years as a pipe fitter I don't know it by that name.
It's all good. ;)(y)

Yep; I welded a steel 1/8" NPT threaded bung into the tops of my OEM steel axle covers for a temperature probe.

MIG welding makes it a very simple job.

Back