Any decent lap tops for $200.00 or less?

My tenant said he needs it to log in and out of Dayforce while at home. He cannot do certain things with Dayforce on his phone. Dayforce is the program his work goes through.

Dale

If it's work related, wonder why his company doesn't supply him with a company laptop.

Acutally
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
If it's work related, wonder why his company doesn't supply him with a company laptop.

Hes a welder there, they have certain documents they have to review and sign through the year on "Dayforce" that cannot be done by cell phone.

Windows 10 laptop for $200? You will only find a used/refurbished laptop, but I would only purchase a name brand used laptop from a reputable source that comes with a warranty (not ebay, a pawn shop, or Craigslist).
https://discountelectronics.com/dell-latitude-3150-quad-core-11-6-windows-10-laptop/.
They sell lease returns that mostly come directly from Dell, but they also sell lease returns from other sources. They do a big volume of business and they have been in business for many years. Excellent bang-for-your-buck from this company. I have purchased quite a few products from them and have never had any kind of problem. The Dell i5 desktop that I am using now and my wife's Dell i7 laptop both came from this company.

Last edited:
We needed a new cheap machine when the schools closed and my kids started having Zoom classes and assignments online. I managed to get this Asus Windows laptop for only $250 from Best Buy (at the time the price seemed to be $299 then it was discounted more one day so I snagged it). Unfortunately it's $425 now, I guess the demand for cheap computers is up?

Anyway it is remarkably good for the price. Full Windows, SSD, 1080p monitor, camera, etc. The keyboard isn't bad at all and being a 14" means the touchpad is in the center where it belongs. The only quibble is that it doesn't have any physical right/left buttons with the touchpad.

jeff

Originally Posted by greenjp
We needed a new cheap machine when the schools closed and my kids started having Zoom classes and assignments online. I managed to get this Asus Windows laptop for only $250 from Best Buy (at the time the price seemed to be $299 then it was discounted more one day so I snagged it). Unfortunately it's $425 now, I guess the demand for cheap computers is up?

Anyway it is remarkably good for the price. Full Windows, SSD, 1080p monitor, camera, etc. The keyboard isn't bad at all and being a 14" means the touchpad is in the center where it belongs. The only quibble is that it doesn't have any physical right/left buttons with the touchpad.

jeff

That's a really nice machine, a steal at $250

Chrome tablets have always been lousy.
There is a new one by Lenovo. For $300, it is flat out awesome. A game changer; compare it to the Apple iPad.
But they are outta stock right now. I will probably pick one up when they are in stock.

Lenovo Duet

Last edited:
Back