Any concern of carbon build up focus 2.0 gdi

Hey everyone I know some gdi engine have carbon build up issues. Does anyone know if the Ford focus na 2.0 gdi has any carbon build up issues? If so will just a regular gdi induction service at regular intervals do the trick?

what year? What mileage?
Ford IIRC had some sort of valve tuning which reduced the deposits.

I was on a Focus forum for a bit, the general consensus is that it isn't a huge issue on these cars. There is one guy on Youtube who had an issue but I suspect he used crap gas and intermittent oil changes with less than synthetic oil. If you read your manual, the Ford says while the Focus runs fine on 87 octane, they semi-recommend using 91 or better in warmer months so I generally use Top Tier 93 from April to October and it does make a difference. Using Top Tier gas and a fully synthetic motor should go a long way to preventing much significant build up. I've done two intake services on it, the 2nd one using this:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/stp-pro-series-intake-valve-cleaner.356006/

It's very easy to do on the Focus, there is a sensor that plugs into the rubber boot between the air filter box and the upper intake manifold that you can use to put the tube in. I also use Techron or Berryman's B12 in the tank since there is no actual fuel filter about twice a year...

Back