Any concern if I go from 33psi to 46psi on fuel pressure, on fuel pump?

I need to replace the fuel pump on my son's '91 Cressida. There are 2 pumps, Carter brand. One is 33 psi and the other 46 psi. Is it ok to get the higher psi one, or would there be some problem? I'm not familiar with F.I. setups too much.

I did that once on a chevy s10 and nothing happened. So you'll most likely be fine.

if they both fit the application it’s likely the max rated psi. The rest will just end up in the return line. So it’s fine.

Agreed, I think the pump pressure would in turn end up being regulated by flow at the injectors anyway. We're talking about a 30% difference roughly.

If it was double the pressure I'd think twice. Key is whether it fits properly. I'd rather have too much available PSI that can be redirected/routed back to the tank, rather than insufficient PSI and poor engine performance.

I need to replace the fuel pump on my son's '91 Cressida. There are 2 pumps, Carter brand. One is 33 psi and the other 46 psi. Is it ok to get the higher psi one, or would there be some problem? I'm not familiar with F.I. setups too much.
most FI gasoline engines have a relief/regulating valve on outlet of system which returns any overpressure and unused fuel to the tank, so basically answer is it should not matter

Back