Any compatible for Ingersoll Rand "All Season Select synthetic"?

I bought one of these REALLY cheap from an oil/gas field liquidation: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200319387_200319387
Ingersoll Rand Type-30 Stationary Air Compressor - 10 HP, 230 Volts, 120 Gallon Horizontal, 35 CFM @ 175 PSI

The description says:
  • All Season Select synthetic lubricant increases efficiency; with 2000 hours of service between change outs, it performs four times longer than petroleum-based lubricants
  • Purchase an All-Season Select lubricant start-up kit (#15920081), and receive all the parts you need for start-up and the first year of maintenance, along with an extended pump warranty
This oil is EXPENSIVE!! ... $125 a jug! https://www.amazon.com/Season-Select-Synthetic-Lubricant-Bottle/dp/B00829VTFQ
Can I just use Mobil 1 oil instead? The sight glass is busted from mishandling, and all the EXPENSIVE oil ran out and is gone....

From the manual:
Screenshot 2021-08-14 123956.png

Just find a compressor oil for the temps you expect. Don't put Mobil 1 engine oil in it.

I wonder if that takes 3 phase.. 10hp motor...

edit: yes it is. see it on the link.

Checkout
That thing is powered by an electric motor.
The compressor pump is the part that needs the oil. Tractor Supply has it for $99 for 5 liters. According to the description, it's a diester-based synthetic, which would make it a Group V type oil, so Mobil 1 is not at all similar. I'm pretty sure diester base stocks were chosen due to the high temps they can handle in this application.

Checkout

The compressor pump is the part that needs the oil. Tractor Supply has it for $99 for 5 liters. According to the description, it's a diester-based synthetic, which would make it a Group V type oil, so Mobil 1 is not at all similar. I'm pretty sure diester base stocks were chosen due to the high temps they can handle in this application.

Op didn't mention anything about that, just Mobil 1 which is a gas motor oil and they do come with gas motors. I can't imagine the operating conditions or specs would be anywhere near compatible with compressor oil.

I have always used regular motor oil in all of my air compressors.
I can NOT see why there is any need for "special" compressor oil..... it's lower grade oil at a premium price.

Sounds like you'll use a gas motor? I figure that means you won't be putting thousands of hours on it every year, so it will probably last a long, long time no matter what you use.
I'm going to be running it from the 1000 RPM PTO shaft on my tractor.
Yes - used fairly little ... 100 hours a year I suppose. - - in a very remote area with no electricity.
(and accessible only by 4WD tractor, LOL!)

Back