Any comments on Goodyear Eagle GT-HR's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only experience I've had with Goodyears have been terrible (the goodyear eagle), but that's the only tire they had at Discount Tire and the tread pattern looks decent.

It's a quiet ride so far, but when I turn, there is a strange thunka-thunka sound. Like the engineers didn't account for a car's ability to turn
wink.gif

paid $314 total, no alignment, no roadhazard.

opinions? i've got a week or so to test them out. if i don't like them, i'd probably go with the yokohama YZ420 or kumho solus kh16's.

I don't have any experience with the Goodyears you mentioned, but I can say this:

Avoid the Kumho Solus KH16s like the plague.

I like Kumho tires - I've owned several sets of Ecsta KH11s, and they are EXCELLENT tires - but the Solus KH16s are horrible tires. They wear out terribly fast, regardless of what they say, and they are just cheap tires.

I bought a set of Goodyear GT-HR tires (size 205/55/16). They looked great and were rated very good. However the goodyear store couldnt seem to get them balanced properly. They then decided one of the tires was defective and they wanted to replace it. I opted for them to replace all 4 tires with Goodyear Eagle LS's at their expense. They agreed (which surprised me-and made me think this might not have been the first time they had this problem).

The Eagle LS is a "lessor" tire on paper, but on my car the LS's are smooth and quiet and seem to handle very good in the rain. In my cars size they were also H speed rated and A/A/360 rated.

For my next tire i think i'm going to go with Michelin MXV4's.

Heed my sales advice.

Skip the GY EAGLE GT-HR!!! That and the defunct GY EAGLE HP it was based on!!!!

It is one of those situations whereas you get what you paid for. However I will not right of all GY tires. The judgement is dependent on the category and price tiering you indicated.

You need to consider BF Goodrich Traction TA, H & T rated another tire in the same category. It is Michelin made, DOT AA/A as well
smile.gif

Other GYs I would recommend ... all are H rated and above

GY Assurance Triple Tread
GY Assurance Comfort Tread
GY F1 GSD3 .... made in Germany if you really want UHP
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back