Any coffee drinkers here???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite way to make coffee now is my French Press pot. For those who don't know, it's a cylindrical glass pot with a screen attached to a rod. You grind the coffee very course, dump it into the pot, pour boiling water over the top, stir, wait 5 minutes, then push the screen through to force the grinds to the bottom. I SWEAR this makes the best tasting cup of coffee I've ever had. You need good beans, though, like the kind you'd buy at Starbucks or Caribou. Even 8 O'clock seems not to be quite good enough (tastes great in the auto drip pot, though). The only thing you need to be aware of is you'll get very fine grinds in the bottom of your cup, so don't drink the last sip.

Does anyone else have any favorite coffees or brewing methods? I just ordered some Cafe Britt coffee from Costa Rica, should come today. Excellent stuff.

biggthumbcoffe.gif

Try this thread out for more coffee talk:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003110

I used to like the French presses (wait, aren't we calling them Freedom presses now?
grin.gif
), but I now like paper filters for drip better. The French press allows too much sediment through which can turn the coffee bitter (overextraction) unless you drink it quickly, and the coffee does not stay hot very well.

But drink what you like
grin.gif
, the only good coffee is the one that tickles YOUR taste buds!

Try the Guatemala from www.coffeeemergency.com . I have not yet tried it, but given his other coffee, it will be outstanding in the French press!

Nate

Also, an alternative brew method that is great is the Chemex. Makes an outstanding cup. Google Chemex.

Boy, I don't even remember reading that other post. I guess it all goes downhill once you hit 30.
dunno.gif

I'll definitely have to google for Chemex.

I have one of these coffee presses that a friend sent me from Australia. It really does make good coffee but you have to be careful because it's easy to get the stuff way too strong...

My wife (not French) has a special way with a special blend (not French) and grinds it just so with our grinder (not French) in our French Press (not French). I throw in a little DUTCH cocoa, some sweetened vanilla milk.........VOILà!!

If you like the press, also try the Brazilian sock method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back