Any car owners with bypass and huge mileage?

That's completely my fault. For some reason I thought I read it as an Explorer. I see now it's an Expedition.
My apology.

It's normal to see a 2v motor 5.4L go that far. I'm surprised you've not had timing issues with the 3v; kind of their Achilies heel.

That's completely my fault. For some reason I thought I read it as an Explorer. I see now it's an Expedition.
My apology.

It's normal to see a 2v motor 5.4L go that far. I'm surprised you've not had timing issues with the 3v; kind of their Achilies heel.
Absolutely Correct with timing issues on the 3v.
The 1999 Expedition 5.4L 2v was running up until a few months ago. I sold it to my brother almost 10 yrs ago My niece blew up the Transmission. It had 400k+ miles on it. I sold it because my Family outgrew it

Attachments

• IMG00044-20101031-1233.jpg
    IMG00044-20101031-1233.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 10
That is awesome you still have a modern classic… I do think that prelube pump you have on the vehicle is an underrated component with regards to the low engine wear. I am not a technical person-but remember looking them up when I first saw your vehicle on here many years ago. The concept of prelubing seems a great way to eliminate cold-start wear on an engine-which think is one of the main factors with engine wear in general.
Thanks. My S2000 is up to 437,000 miles now and still runs great. It burns some oil now, but I shouldn’t be surprised. My prelube pump is probably a key reason for the success of my setup. From what I can find online, my S2000 is the only one in the world currently above 400,000 miles. I’m still doing 40,000 mile OCIs but I stopped getting UOAs. The only engine work done has been several valve adjustments.

I've had a Pareto TopDog V bypass setup with Amsoil EaBP90 spin-on bypass element on my 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser w/gasoline 4.0L for 10 yrs and 200k miles. Engine has 220K miles total and doesn't leak or burn any oil. No issues. I've posted 13 UOA here at BITOG over the yrs about this vehicle.

On my 1995 Detroit diesel 60 series 12.7L I use dual Fleetguard # LF9620. They are a "Venturi Combo". They are both full flow and bypass filter in one. https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/venturi

Back