Any Buick fans in the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 80s era Buick Regals will always be my favorite cars. Owning a Grand National,GNX,or T-Type would be one of my absolute dream cars. I also like the late 80s-early 90s Rivieras.

I've got a 1987 Buick GN that I have owned since new - 68k miles on her now. I also have a 2000 Buick Regal with the supercharged 3800. Love them both!

I am a fan of Buicks. I love the GN of course but I think the newer Regal GS is a good looking little car. I do like the Tour X but the dealers around never have one to even check out in person.

Buicks always seemed to be very high tech and ahead of their time. If I were to ever own a current sedan it would be a Buick.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Buicks always seemed to be very high tech and ahead of their time. If I were to ever own a current sedan it would be a Buick.

You'd better hurry and get one. Buick is phasing out the sedans, including the big LaCrosse, for SUVs and crossovers.

As of now I've had 3 Buicks:

2003 Park Avenue, charcoal gray over cream, 3.8 engine (not supercharged, so 200 hp), almost all the features of the Ultra except that and no sunroof. Very little trouble aside from regular wear items. Traded after 6 years for . . .

2011 Buick Regal CXL, unfortunately not the 2.0 turbo model but the 2.4 with 180 hp; medium gray over cream; solid and strong despite being a little slow from a standing start and a bit hard-riding on 18" lower-profile tires. Traded after 5 years for the '15 BMW 328i, which got totaled in a heavy surprise rainstorm, so I took the insurance payout and bought . . .

2016 Buick LaCrosse with the 3.6 engine (300 hp), garnet red over cream, only 36K miles. My 3-month mark with this car is coming up in a couple of days. Utterly smooth and quiet, quick and nimble yet elegant, it handles the Third World roads of this city and state with ease.

All three have been reliable, inexpensive to buy, feed, and maintain (though not to insure. It's Lousy-ana, after all, the highest car rates in the country) -- and fun and rewarding to drive. So, despite my user name which dates to my time with my much-loved W126 Mercedes, and my fondly-remembered W123 and the two Oldsmobile coupes, I think of the Buicks as some of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Weirdly, they do not have good resale value. But that's a positive (lower purchase price) for a buyer of young used cars like me.

Yes, Buicks are high-tech and ahead of their time, but the tech seems to say "This will add to your owning and driving experience" rather than "Look at all the gadgets we put on our new models!"

Buicks were once upon a time thought of as "doctors' cars." The idea I guess was that, when doctors still made house calls, a physician didn't want to be seen as getting rich off his patients, so a Cadillac was out, but he needed to seem prosperous, so no Chevies. Buick was perfect.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I used to make fun of them as an old person's car, but now I really like and respect them. I see the old people driving gold Toyotas.

Great day... This is really quite accurate
lol.gif

Toyota Avalons especially...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back