Any brands 100% Group-4 out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're not even sure if that is correct (Mobil 1 SS having got rid of its ester content).

Thanks, but I'll take the Group V esters in my synthetic.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Ferrari:
From what I know, only the new Mobil 1 SS is 100% PAO. All other ones are mostly PAO, but have some Esters as well.

Actually, Mobil 1 is Group IV and Group V. Most other "synthetics" are Group III with some Group V.

G-Man II, are you sure about the ester content in the psuedo-synthetic (Group III) oils like Castrol Syntec, Valvoline, etc ...?

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
G-Man II, are you sure about the ester content in the psuedo-synthetic (Group III) oils like Castrol Syntec, Valvoline, etc ...?

Yes. Group III is like PAO in that its solubility is very low so something has to be added to disperse the ad pack. Castrol and most others use esters. Shell in its Rotella T Synthetic uses a hefty dose of Group I (about 13% if I recall).

I don't think that there is anything that is 100% of something. Things always have to be mixed. Additives are always added.

Found this :
MOTRLUBE’s main ingredient, polyalphaolefin, is almost completely harmless to both animal and vegetable life.
MOTRLUBE is free of base mineral oils, recycled base oils and aromatics, the direct causes of sludge, gum and carbon build-up in your engine. When engines remain free of these contaminant-causing components, overall engine performance is greatly increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back