Any BITOG members fans of Thai food?

Complementary breakfast this morning at the hotel. The fresh fruit is really nice. Lunch was at a burger place in a mall. Not sure if I will take a risk at dinner, but on a walk last night did see this sign for Thai cuisine.

One dish I had for breakfast was noodles and shrimp 😋. It was good.
PXL_20220805_230741991.jpg

PXL_20220805_231839666.jpg
PXL_20220806_062625009.jpg
PXL_20220806_063905093.jpg
PXL_20220805_131625945.jpg

Reminds me of breakfast in Hong Kong in the old days. Nice.
I transferred planes in Hong Kong. The airport was a ghost town. I have no idea if Cathay Pacific will survive. It was such a quality airline.

I transferred planes in Hong Kong. The airport was a ghost town. I have no idea if Cathay Pacific will survive. It was such a quality airline.

That is a huge airport so without people makes it even more so. Like Pablo, it’s been some time since I’ve gone thru there. The infamous Gate 1 with about 30 minutes of transfer time. It was close.

CP used to be a great airline. Internal strife and financial struggles have decimated it. Expat pilots stay away now from what I hear.

Breakfasts in Asia are great. Fantastic fruit. Dragon fruit is excellent. Fresh pineapple is one I always look forward to along with the usual eggs and meat dish.

Reactions: GON
Except mushroom congee. Yuck.

I would have to be desperate to eat that. Rice is a typical side for breakfast over there but a scoop along with eggs, meat and fruit. Coffee of course.

Breads are really catching on there in the last decade or so, especially some nice breads.

Only thing worse than mushroom congee is mushroom congee on a plane! And that is all they had.

In HK one good hotel: croissants, blue cheese and marmalade. Tasted really good!

Only thing worse than mushroom congee is mushroom congee on a plane! And that is all they had.

In HK one good hotel: croissants, blue cheese and marmalade. Tasted really good!

My only experience with congee on a plane was on a trip to Tokyo. One of the breakfast choices was congee with conger eel. I passed but maybe next time I’ll try it just to say I did. Maybe I will be surprised.

Breakfast on a plane is an adventure.

Back