Anti seize and nylon lock nuts?

JHZR2

Staff member
Curious if there are reservations with using anti seize on lulls lock nuts, to protect the metal portion...

Nylon seems pretty oil resistant, but it may affect the locking function...

Since loctite can serve as an anti seize of sorts, is a low strength loctite a better choice for these? I have both.

Curious if there are reservations with using anti seize on lulls lock nuts, to protect the metal portion...

Since loctite can serve as an anti seize of sorts, is a low strength loctite a better choice for these? I have both.

I would use the blue loctite.

Both will work well.

I spec nylon nuts with anti seize in highly corrosive environments to protect threads ( not to hold tension) regularly because product will seep in and corrode them together.

Loctite will do the same thing for less aggressive situations

No problems at all doing this.

And, think, the guys that spec the nylon in nylocs have to expect a variety of harsh environments.

Actually the purpose of the nylon insert is not to hold tension ( clamp) on the joint- its to keep the nut from falling off and having it go into the machinery or the joint to fall apart. It just does good as an end seal (once)

Back