Anti corrosion spray for aluminum radiator?

Is thier something I could spray in the transmission cooler connect part of a radiator? I was in advance auto n looked at rubberized coating.
Or some kinda anti corossion paint,spray,by Rust-Oleum from Walmart? What could I spray on them so they don't corrode?

Eliminate the path of conductance. Nylon bolts, and plastic spacers between all metal (that of the trany cooler, and what it mounts to). If metal parts are not touching other metal parts you should be good. You might have to use more bolts because nylon bolts are not as strong as steel bolts. But trany coolers are not that heavy. I have seen some held in place by zip-ties. I even had one car that a trany shop installed a trany cooler on for me and they just ran zip-ties through the radiator, but that was not an aluminum radiator. If you do not increase the number of bolts when going from metal to nylon, at least increase the size if there is room to do that, (go with bolts with wider shank (threaded section)).

McMaster Carr sells nylon bolts.

Last edited:
Just took this pic. It's night here. The contact part on radiator..the hexagon rust circle.have new radiator put in.nice n chrome silver.wgat could I spray on that hexagon tranny cooler contact part too prevent it rusting n corroding up like that?
Interesting feedback,I asked mechanic how much time was left on this AutoZone radiator(3 years old almost 4).he said years. I disagree.

Attachments

• IMG_20220902_214740.jpg
    IMG_20220902_214740.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 58
Do not do anything to them. If you are concerned, a dab of grease will do the job.

You always seem to be looking at creating problems on that poor Lesabre.

Was at AutoZone..took these pics.how about the 1300 degree grill spray?

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_205139.jpg
    IMG_20220903_205139.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220903_205055.jpg
    IMG_20220903_205055.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220903_205048.jpg
    IMG_20220903_205048.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 5
Is thier something I could spray in the transmission cooler connect part of a radiator? I was in advance auto n looked at rubberized coating.
Or some kinda anti corossion paint,spray,by Rust-Oleum from Walmart? What could I spray on them so they don't corrode?
i think you are trying to fix am issue that is a non issue.

I missunderstood and did not see the picture.

You could use any paint, perhaps wire brush the fitting and such. Amsoil has a waxy spray call "metal protector" that works good but a bit messy. I thinbk the issue with painting this is the cracks a crevises........as rust can form where you cannot paint and rust under the paint you apply. I think best to hit it with a spray oil from time to time and there will be no issue.

I thought you were talking about the heat exchanger.

Back