Another Stash thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Eddie:
What will happen to all this oil when a really new set of oil specs arriive. A new really better add pack is coming on line that will cut your engine wear by 70%.

I've thought about it but am not to worried. My next car is going to be easy on oil, I vow!

I have too much to list. between 5 and 600 quarts of various oils. Hav, Mobil, ST, Redline, QS, Delo. I'm bad, I know it, and I love it. The only 12 step that works for me is the 12 steps I take to the garage!

quote:

Originally posted by Eddie:
What will happen to all this oil when a really new set of oil specs arriive. A new really better add pack is coming on line that will cut your engine wear by 70%.

Would you believe that most of my stash is SL, purposely bought because I knew the new SM was coming? I don't buy new vehicles, so I don't have to worry about new specs and if I buy a used vehicle that specs SM someday, I probably won't care if I put SL in it anyway.

OK, here goes.

Formula Shell Dino:

18 2/3: 10w30 SL/GF-4
5 : 5w30 SL/GF-3
16 : 5w30 SL/GF-4

Schaeffer Supreme 7000 Synthetic Blend:

2 : 5w30 SL/GF-3

Phillips 66 TropArtic Synthetic Blend:

9 1/3 : 5w30 SM/GF-4

Havoline Dino:

10 : 5w30 SM/GF-4
9 : 10w30 SM/GF-4
6 : 5w20 SM/GF4

Total: 76 quarts

Two things strike me about this:
1. Compared to some, I'm a rank amateur at this oil stash business!
grin.gif

2. It's still lotsa motor oil, enough for both cars for ~3 yrs.
wink.gif

19 quarts of Havoline 20W-50 SM stuff
5 quarts of Valvoline 5W-30 Full Synth Maxlife. Don't know what I will use it in yet, but it was free.

15 quarts Honda Z1-ATF. Thanks to "The Critic"

2 Purolator Premium Plus oil filters

1 Honda A01 by filtech oil filter

Ok, here we go..

Castrol
24 qts of Green GC. Or is it 26?
6 qts of Gold GC

Havoline
20 qts of 20w50. It was 50 cents a qt. at Wally World. I've had it for over 2 years.

1 case of Trop-Arctic 10w30. I got it for $1.29 a qt! Now it's up to $1.69 only a few months later! I should've bought more.

1 qt. of M1 T&S 5w40

2 bottles CD-2 oil boost

4 qts of Pennzoil DexronIII/Mercon trans fluid

5 or 6 various oil filters

Wow!

I have a small stash, but I have only been visiting here for a month or two. This site has helped me find good prices on maxlife and HD PP.
smile.gif
As it is now I think I have a 3 year stash for two cars.

15qt at Maxlife 5w30 (7.50 per 5)
10qt maxlife 10x30 (5 qt FAR)
12qt PP 10w30 (HD @2.60 -15.00 rebate)
5qt Hav 10w30 for ARX rinse
5qt GTX 10w30 for ARX rinse

and as any good BITOGer:
6 qts of GC waiting for ARX to finish to try.
smile.gif

The more oil I have, the more difficult it is for me to resist early drains.

Anyone else? Are we trying to justify our stash, or are we trying to create a need for another oil buying spree?

C'mon, be honest
smile.gif

Tallpaul,

That, my friend, is a thing of beauty (the previous pics of your oil and your SLOB). And don't think we didn't notice the nice backdrop you made for your additives before photographing them!

I have no idea why my wife doesn't understand this hobby. In any case, I would like to be remembered in your will.

(ps. we are all freaks).

Bill and TallPaul
How I envy you both with those stashes of oil. You must have understanding wives/partners! I have 25 litres Mobil 1 10W-30 and 10 litres Havoline 10W-30 and she gives me funny looks when I look at oil in the motor factors.
Roger

She is pretty busy, so usually doesn't notice when I admire my stash. But she has told me that oil is a turn off, so I have to be careful when I play with oil.

Hee hee, if only she knew I borrowed our bed sheet for the backdrop. At least I borrowed it from the dirty laundry basket and not the clean pile.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
But she has told me that oil is a turn off, so I have to be careful when I play with oil.

Ask her if all the $ you have saved the household through DIY auto maintenance is a turn off.

She'd only remind me of other areas where I have wasted money. As far as oil changes go, she'd as soon spend three times as much and have someone else do it. My only excuse is to remind her of the several times boneheaded "technicians" screwed the filter or plug too tight.

In a marriage there are many area where you must compromise. I only take a stand on the most important things, one of which is oil changes, another is that my personal vehicle will have a manual transmission. Most else is negotiable.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
In a marriage there are many area where you must compromise. I only take a stand on the most important things, one of which is oil changes, another is that my personal vehicle will have a manual transmission. Most else is negotiable.

Kudos on having your priorities straight!
 -

I am lucky, the mrs. is quite tolerant of my stash and appreciates my efforts to DIY if at all possible.

20 Quarts of Syntec 5w30
10 Quarts of Syntec Blend 5w30
20 Quarts of Castrol GTX 5w30
10 Quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5w30
12 Quarts of Havoline 10w30
12 Quarts of TropArtic 10w30
18 Quarts of Castrol GTX 10w30
8 Quarts Mopar ATF+4 Transmission fluid
3 Quarts Accel SAE 30 SA (lawn mower)
1 1/2 bottles of ARX
2/3 of a Gallon of LC20
2/3 of a Gallon of FP60
2 - 20oz Chevron Techron Fuel System treatment
3 - 12oz Gumout Regane
2 - Napa Nascar Select Filters
6 - Mobil 1 EP Filters
6 - Napa Gold Filters
2 - Purolator Pure One Filter
5 - Motorcraft FL300 Filters

All this after only 6 months on this board. It's a sickness I tell ya!

I am also fortunate to have a wife that doesn't mind the stash I have. She also appreiciates that I DIY most of the Auto work to keep her PT Cruiser happy. My kids however take great pride in making fun of me everytime we go to Wally's and I head straight to the Oil section....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back