Another “SP” rated oil sighting

Noticed that the Edge HM oil is now API SP rated. Grabbed the lone one for a friends Oil change later today.

Attachments

• A50FBE89-A086-4041-833C-E45E757D6C54.jpeg
    A50FBE89-A086-4041-833C-E45E757D6C54.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 113
  • E4B63E5D-81B4-42CB-9903-86CE2708ABFC.jpeg
    E4B63E5D-81B4-42CB-9903-86CE2708ABFC.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 110
I think all the WM's oil is SP now here except for QSUD. I've always been curious about Edge HM. I'm going to give Magnatec a try next oil change. I bought a jug of Magnatec 10W30 for $17.

I think all the WM's oil is SP now here except for QSUD. I've always been curious about Edge HM. I'm going to give Magnatec a try next oil change. I bought a jug of Magnatec 10W30 for $17.

Yeah, Magnatec is actually $19.97

CASTROL GTX is $16.97 🤔

Was down at Wally World today to pick up Super Tech 5W30 HM Full Synthetic for a friend who is coming up next week and needs his oil changed. SP marked on the 5 quart jug.

Walmarts are weird. The one closest to me got rid of all their Fram TG's.
My hunch is that Edge was outselling Magnatec or they were close, then Edge is supposed to be "better" anyway (according to Castrol), so why not consolidate. Edge seems to now be consistently priced around $22 for a 5-quart bottle too while it used to be $24-28.

My hunch is that Edge was outselling Magnatec or they were close, then Edge is supposed to be "better" anyway (according to Castrol), so why not consolidate. Edge seems to now be consistently priced around $22 for a 5-quart bottle too while it used to be $24-28.

Because I've been able to get Magnatec consistently for at least $5 a Jug less! There is nothing wrong wit Magnatec.

Most of the oils were already meeting that spec, but they have to wait to get the approval to logo it on packaging.

Jug is 5qts? Why is it on $17 when others run near 30% higher than that?

Yep Jimmy,5 quart jug. I’m guessing it’s a regional pricing thing maybe? It’d be interesting to put in different zip codes to see if there’s any pricing differences area-wise.

The Costco full synthetic 10 quarts for $21.99 is giving everyone else a run for their money. Right now it is still labeled SN+.

The Costco full synthetic 10 quarts for $21.99 is giving everyone else a run for their money. Right now it is still labeled SN+.
That price is nearly impossible to beat for a comparable product, even with all the M1 & Pennzoil rebates. Great value.

Jug is 5qts? Why is it on $17 when others run near 30% higher than that?
Who do you mean "others", as in other Walmarts or other places that sell engine oil ? I'll bet you, not counting California, Hawaii, and Alaska, Walmart's prices are pretty consistent, give or take $1, across the country. Magnatec High-Mileage 10W-30, 5-quart, is $16.97 here. They don't show me non-HM in that viscosity.

If you mean compared to auto parts stores, well, they simply can't compete with WM....

Who do you mean "others", as in other Walmarts or other places that sell engine oil ? I'll bet you, not counting California, Hawaii, and Alaska, Walmart's prices are pretty consistent, give or take $1, across the country. Magnatec High-Mileage 10W-30, 5-quart, is $16.97 here. They don't show me non-HM in that viscosity.

If you mean compared to auto parts stores, well, they simply can't compete with WM....
Magnatec 10W-30 here in the Mililani Walmart is $21.99.

Back