Another SCORE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad truck in our experience. After literally dozens of Silverados since 2000 here, we can only recall one with any issues. It lunched a trans, and I still think it was a crazy driver.

We have Silverados, Extended Express 3500's, a 2001 Yukon and a 2002 Suburban in our truck fleet. All excellent if somewhat unrefined trucks, cheap to keep.

My 14 RAM is our go to travel vehicle, so luxurious you can't believe it's a truck....

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by dave1251
I'm going to be the minority posting on this thread IMHO this is a terrible generation of GM truck and it has not aged well. Under powered at the time and cheaply made. I bought a 05 brand new and 11 months later the tailgate fell off. It could not get out of it's way and parts of the trim fell off it was my first new truck and I didn't keep it much longer than a year. At least the last generation of GM truck could compete in the market after a few tweaks.

But the most important consideration you seem happy and for this I'm happy for you.

You want to be more specific? 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton. 4.8? 5.3 or 6.0?

Please tell my you are not comparing it to the 4.6 or 5.4 or that time period. As far as power they could not compete. The 5.4 in a 3/4 ton or better Ford could not pull anything like a 6.0.

What was better up until 07?

Yeah that sounds like a weird story. Unless you bought a cheaper one with a 4.3v6 it should have lots of power compared to a Ford of that era. I drive a 2005 4.8 loaded with survey equipment and steel survey bars. It's loaded pretty good and still has decent power. Just has to downshift a lot on hills because the smaller motor doesn't have the torque of the 5.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back