(Another) Rotella 5w40 price increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I went crusing the Wally's oil aisle to check the quart Rotella 5w40s discussed in some threads...

True enough, I saw the shelf with the qt sign price...but it was swiped clean
shocked.gif
, priced at $3.39.

Then the gallons went up in price(again), it is now $13.34! Among the Wally oils, this is the only one I noticed they keep raising the price...
frown.gif

This price increase keeps pointing me to Delo or Delvac. I can buy Delo for $6.12 a gallon at Sam's Club, and Delvac is $5.88. Have you tried either of these.

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
Last night I went crusing the Wally's oil aisle to check the quart Rotella 5w40s discussed in some threads...

True enough, I saw the shelf with the qt sign price...but it was swiped clean
shocked.gif
, priced at $3.39.

Then the gallons went up in price(again), it is now $13.34! Among the Wally oils, this is the only one I noticed they keep raising the price...
frown.gif

Was $12.89 here, now $13.39.

quote:

Originally posted by Shaman:
This price increase keeps pointing me to Delo or Delvac. I can buy Delo for $6.12 a gallon at Sam's Club, and Delvac is $5.88. Have you tried either of these.

Well, I'm running Rotella 5w40 now for the Auto-Rx rinse. My 1.8T engine originally requires 5w40 and the thicker 15w-xx is I think rather thick for it...so nope I have'nt.

I plan to use a 5w40 hdeo in alternate OCIs of Motul and GC I now have onhand and this hdeo. I want some potent cleaning oil(mega CA doses) running alternatively every 10-15k in this sludge prone engine.

My motor btw behaves very well with Rotella. It is easy to get and is cheap(?)..but not for long it seems.

For only $4 more/gal...the price increases points me closer tothe non Grp III M1 T&S.
dunno.gif

Wally always does these things. I've seen it with Pepsi products, milk, oil, whatever. They gradually increase the price and trend the sales as they do it. If the sales fall off too much watch the evil yellow smiley appear along with the "price slashed" or "rollback" stickers that tell you it's been priced back to a previous level...

This oil started out at WM a couple of years ago at almost $19 per gallon. Then the price dropped temporarily to something like $12.84, and then rebounded back to the $19 range. Then, about a year ago, it was priced down to the $12.84, and stayed there until its recent upward creep.

I dunno. I think it is still a reasonable buy at the present price of under $14 per gallon (last time I looked).

Every Wally's around here are raising prices..made worse ontop of the old CH stuff.
frown.gif

Well, one branch the least I go to has the Rotella T qts at $0.24 less than the M1 T&S qts...I could get a gallon(4qts)of the M1 for less than a $1 more.
smile.gif

All oil brand prices are climbing upwards. That's why catching oils on sale & stocking-up is important. Write a letter or send an email to Shell. Tell them you want to see periodical sales on Rotella at Walmart stores. Almost all oil brands negotiate with WalMart buyers for future sales.... so don't buy Shell there anymore until they give you an answer on future sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back