Another retailer reducing brick and mortar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kohl's sucks, hate the "buy one at full price, get second at half" Total B.S. if you need one or three, if they even have two in the right size and color...

Its all junk. To be honest I feel like walmarts offerings have improved alot. Being a big guy makes clothing shopping difficult. Pretty much Destination XL, Burlington Coat or whatever I can find. Macy's is a sad attempt at high end... Id put it below walmart..lol..everyone is now ordering online, I know I am..no joy for me to shop in stores around others..rather spend my time changing oil or doing anything but...

TJ Maxx is doing very well and people always looking for a bargain.

Not everyone is wealthy and can spend lots of money on expensive clothes.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Macy's is nowhere near high-end. Luxury brands like LV won't even sell their goods there because it'd degrade their brand image.

Neiman Marcus (high end)
Saks 5th
Bloomingdales
Nordstroms
Macys (mid range)
Kohls
JC Penneys
Target
Walmart
Garage sale

I disagree. I've gotten some really nice shirts from Goodwill, which is basically a garage sale. LL Bean and the like.

I know LL Bean isn't high end, but I like to shop there just the same. We have an outlet nearby, so if the price is good (marked down due to being a return) I'll get it.

Lots of people here are upset about the Downtown Minneapolis store closing. That store has been there since 1902. It was originally Dayton's, then Marshall Fields, and then Macy's.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Macy's is nowhere near high-end. Luxury brands like LV won't even sell their goods there because it'd degrade their brand image.

Neiman Marcus (high end)
Saks 5th
Bloomingdales
Nordstroms
Macys (mid range)
Kohls
JC Penneys
Target
Walmart
Garage sale

I disagree. I've gotten some really nice shirts from Goodwill, which is basically a garage sale. LL Bean and the like.

I know LL Bean isn't high end, but I like to shop there just the same. We have an outlet nearby, so if the price is good (marked down due to being a return) I'll get it.

I've always loved LL Bean. I always buy their camp mocs. As a matter of fact,I need to order a new pair.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Lots of people here are upset about the Downtown Minneapolis store closing. That store has been there since 1902. It was originally Dayton's, then Marshall Fields, and then Macy's.

I know I am. we had a tradition for the past 20 years of going to the Oak Grill, then through the 8th floor display and to pick out a Christmas ornament. I'm pretty bummed it's closing.

Wish MERVYNS was still around, was my go to store for clothing.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Wish MERVYNS was still around, was my go to store for clothing.
frown.gif

Same here,I used to love that store. Whenever I mention them,no one remembers them. They always had a ton of stock and always had your size. I'd buy Levi's there. Cheapest place in town to buy them and always had my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back