Another Jiffy Boob screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:
"The ONLY one that might be decent is Sears." Sears was prosecuted a few years ago for auto repair fraud. The local Firestone/Bridgestone shop seems reputable...I've bought tires and had alignment done there, and watch other cars' repairs. Seems OK to me.

Ken

99% of the fraud by any of these chains is at the district or local level rather than a corporate conspiracy. IIRC, the Sears thing of a few years ago was from a few stores out in California. I have seen my local Firestone be a rip off with the Jiffy Lube doing a outstanding job. It really boils down to doing some research on your local outlets by either asking word of mouth or inquiry to the BBB.

Hootbro

quote:

Originally posted by MIAMI-DADE:
The tire chains here here in Florida are a total nightmare.

I know what you mean! You have to dig them out of the garage or trunk, then try and fit them around the tire, then pull forward, and you're trying to do all this with those heavy winter gloves on, and...oh wait, you didn't mean THAT kind of tire chains...sorry!

grin.gif

"99% of the fraud by any of these chains is at the district or local level rather than a corporate conspiracy."

Hootbro

Balooney. This kind of thing is talked about all the time. In the news media, on the internet, in the bars and barbershops, etc. Its common knowledge. People often write the corporate headquarters and complain. It simply is not possible that the higher ups don't know what's going on in their own service outlets. They condone it and do nothing about it because the COMPANY as well as the local outlet and local employees, makes a lot of money off of it.

quote:

Originally posted by jmacmaster:
"99% of the fraud by any of these chains is at the district or local level rather than a corporate conspiracy."

Hootbro

Balooney. This kind of thing is talked about all the time. In the news media, on the internet, in the bars and barbershops, etc. Its common knowledge. People often write the corporate headquarters and complain. It simply is not possible that the higher ups don't know what's going on in their own service outlets. They condone it and do nothing about it because the COMPANY as well as the local outlet and local employees, makes a lot of money off of it.

There's an old Chinese saying that covers it well.

"A fish rots from the head."

Update; the "new",not rebuilt or remanufactured,engine is in the truck.He can pick it up tomorrow.They want to make sure everything is installed,tightened up,no leaks,etc.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Hootbro:
99% of the fraud by any of these chains is at the district or local level rather than a corporate conspiracy. IIRC, the Sears thing of a few years ago was from a few stores out in California. I have seen my local Firestone be a rip off with the Jiffy Lube doing a outstanding job. It really boils down to doing some research on your local outlets by either asking word of mouth or inquiry to the BBB.

Hootbro

Well, in the local news expose that was posted recently, the disctict manager was very aware and chose to do nothing. And, if I recall correctly, he tried to help cover the local store for the work that wasn't performed.

Hey, I have a solution! Change your own oil!
tongue.gif
After my first few oil changes I can now change my oil in under 10 minutes. Usually I let it drain for an hour or so but... Nothing like knowing the job got done right.

I got tired of Wal-Mart putting 4 quarts in my 5.5 quart sump. I once saw one of the guys pouring the oil into my car talk to his buddy while his hand wandered spilling fresh oil all over my engine. He had to have dumped a whole quart before he noticed.

Nothing like changing your own oil
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back