Another interesting case of arguing with police

Dunno. You have one person with 'all the facts' chastising some officers coming into a situation where virtually nothing is known and they seem to be evaluating the situation. Can't really win in some circumstances.
Quote:
He works for us he’s been in this neighborhood for 30 years,”
Should be obvious to the officers I'm sure....

Last edited:
The woman was being racist by saying "just because he is black..." Why even bring color into this situation? If she even paid attention, she would have noticed the female officer was black. Smh... this world is degrading so terribly fast.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
You never argue with the Po Po. Yes Sir..... No Sir..... Thank You Sir.... Have a nice day Sir......
And why is that? The police have special privileges to receive preferred treatment than say, any other public servant. Police are becoming more and more arrogant and bully like, to the point of intimidating the public. I was glad to see the American population stand up and back them down in Nevada. I believe the police may think they are Bad A, but let it hit the fan and they would find out going up against American hunters is a lot different than a drug dealer. Just because you are a cop, you are not smarter, tougher or have any special benefits. Its a job and its serve and protect, I think a lot need to be reminded of that.

Cops are just doing their job. They don't know who they are. They are simply responding to a burglary call. What's the big deal? Cops get [censored] on all the time by people. It sucks! They aren't all bad.

All the more reason to not argue with the police. The downside is far greater than any potential upside. The system is designed to argue in court, not curbside or on the stoop, etc. If you choose to argue with the officer and the situation goes south, part of the reason is you are not using the system properly. Is it inconvenient at times? Sure, but facing additional charges thought up by the officer is even more inconvenient. If you are going to argue with the police, do it in the courts, where the judge monitors the exchange.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
You never argue with the Po Po. Yes Sir..... No Sir..... Thank You Sir.... Have a nice day Sir......
And why is that? The police have special privileges to receive preferred treatment than say, any other public servant. Police are becoming more and more arrogant and bully like, to the point of intimidating the public. I was glad to see the American population stand up and back them down in Nevada. I believe the police may think they are Bad A, but let it hit the fan and they would find out going up against American hunters is a lot different than a drug dealer. Just because you are a cop, you are not smarter, tougher or have any special benefits. Its a job and its serve and protect, I think a lot need to be reminded of that.

And why is that? The police have special privileges to receive preferred treatment than say, any other public servant.
Its respect. They face dangers that we don't every day. I was raised in the south, so i'm accustomed to saying yes sir and no sir, yes ma'am and no ma'am. I answer to most people that way but especially law enforcement and military/vets. I'm used to saying it so it sounds natural when i do. Someone who is only saying yes sir no sir hoping to avoid a ticket, it does not sound natural, as they are not used to saying it.

Cop in the car needs a raise Lady needs to not be so matter-of-fact Lady cop needs to listen to citizens when they likely know more than she does Only person that handled it perfectly was the cop in the car.

Apollo14

The attorney helped the police by telling them they were in the wrong location for the actual reported crime.

Just because you are a cop, you are not smarter, tougher or have any special benefits.
Good luck with that. They can and will do things like shoot your dog https://www.google.com/search?q=dog+shot...off&tbm=nws throw flash bang grenades into your infant's crib http://www.examiner.com/article/georgia-swat-team-gets-away-with-hitting-baby-with-flashbang-grenade tazer your wife, murder your children, burn down your house, seize your property, and empty their magazines into your corpse if you make too much trouble. Oh, and at 30 years of service regardless of age, they get to retire with FULL salary, guaranteed increases, guaranteed healthcare, and many will get a $325k+ tax-deferred cash bonus on their way out the door.

Quote:
Oh, and at 30 years of service regardless of age, they get to retire with FULL salary, guaranteed increases, guaranteed healthcare, and many will get a $325k+ tax-deferred cash bonus on their way out the door.
And that is their doing? Sounds like a good gig.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Dunno. You have one person with 'all the facts' chastising some officers coming into a situation where virtually nothing is known and they seem to be evaluating the situation. Can't really win in some circumstances.
Quote:
He works for us he’s been in this neighborhood for 30 years,”
Should be obvious to the officers I'm sure....
They're on the wrong block, and have the wrong address. What are they evaluating exactly, in the wrong part of town from where a crime was reported?
Quote:
Seems like they are doing their jobs. They don't know who he is. They don't know who she is.
Their job is to be too stupid to know their own jurisdiction, to read road signs, address numbers, or even to use GPS?
Quote:
Cops are just doing their job. They don't know who they are. They are simply responding to a burglary call. What's the big deal? Cops get [censored] on all the time by people. It sucks! They aren't all bad.
.....at the wrong address........on the wrong block....

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
And that is their doing? Sounds like a good gig.
If you can stomach the work, it pays absurdly well.