Another Goodbye and Hello...

Rationalizing the toys and the Lotus got voted off the island...I will miss her, hardly drove her, but time for someone else to enjoy her. Decided on 495 that as fun as the car is sometimes, it is rather unpleasant to live with...or I am getting older. Selling some others too, time to slim down.

Found a time warp, un 'improved', super low miles 993 in a great color....every Euro enthusiast needs to own an air cooler once in their life. And, given this is BITOG, she will get ~11qts of Redline 10w-50 and both filters will be Mahle.
PNMa (2).jpg

This is coming from a Corvette enthusiast of over 50 years. Your car is awesome Congrats! Wow 11 quarts of oil that's a huge sump for sure! Very nice car!
Thanks. It has a dry sump oil system and if you Google 'Porsche 993 oil diagram', German over engineering (over complication?) comes to mind. This is just the tank plumbing, not engine, the 2 filters, oil thermostat...
993 oil tank.gif

Rationalizing the toys and the Lotus got voted off the island...I will miss her, hardly drove her, but time for someone else to enjoy her. Decided on 495 that as fun as the car is sometimes, it is rather unpleasant to live with...or I am getting older. Selling some others too, time to slim down.

Found a time warp, un 'improved', super low miles 993 in a great color....every Euro enthusiast needs to own an air cooler once in their life. And, given this is BITOG, she will get ~11qts of Redline 10w-50 and both filters will be Mahle.
View attachment 128399

Beautiful car!

Be careful with Mahle. Just started getting some Chinese filters from them for other Euro applications…

Beautiful car!

Be careful with Mahle. Just started getting some Chinese filters from them for other Euro applications…
Disappointing. I have faith in their QC, but I agree, but somewhat disappointing for sure.... There is always OE and the price isn't horrible, relatively.

Outstanding!

What year is this? '99?

I thought '97 or '98 was the last year for air-cooled.

Can't wait to see more photos and read more of your impressions from driving it!

Outstanding!

What year is this? '99?

I thought '97 or '98 was the last year for air-cooled.

Can't wait to see more photos and read more of your impressions from driving it!
Hi, it is a 1996. First year of some nice improvements to the 993; Varioram, etc.

Here is the inspection shot from another thread;
p993u.jpg

Back