Another failed wix filter! 2 nd this week!

Pulled this off a piece of equipment. Unknown hours on it. There is a rubber seal that's out of place! Looks like it seals the cartridge to the baseplate.

Not sure what's going on with wix lately.

Attachments

• IMG_20220603_153850195.jpg
    IMG_20220603_153850195.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20220603_153845821.jpg
    IMG_20220603_153845821.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20220603_153839864.jpg
    IMG_20220603_153839864.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 149
Wow that's some quality failure. I'd probably get in touch with them and send pictures and ask if they want to send a prepaid box so you can send it to them.

What's going on with Wix lately? Mann + Hummel is what.
This isn't just a Oil filter problem, the entire Auto industry is SHORT manpower. We are TWENTY people short and the hire day only 3 were interviewed. Constant downtime and lack of experience of new hires, things being built right now will have problems, and I say that the oil filter is the FIRST thing we noticed, just wait for all the recalls coming up!(that is once your chip is installed a year from now!)
China ideal is locking people in the factories for Zero Covid, locking down port.

Last edited:
This isn't just a Oil filter problem, the entire Auto industry is SHORT manpower. We are TWENTY people short and the hire day only 3 were interviewed. Constant downtime and lack of experience of new hires, things being built right now will have problems, and I say that the oil filter is the FIRST thing we noticed, just wait for all the recalls coming up!
Isn't stuff like this mostly automated?

Pulled this off a piece of equipment. Unknown hours on it. There is a rubber seal that's out of place! Looks like it seals the cartridge to the baseplate.

Not sure what's going on with wix lately.
Is that not a DuraMAX filter? The Wix we use with that style are labeled as a DuraMAX and are a Donaldson filter with the WIx name on them. Baldwin used to be the same way. Not sure if they are now though.

Its not really related, but Ford dealers all over are reporting FL-500S filters with teh base threads cut wrong. I have a block filter adapter to check and have found 6 at my dealer alone.
My brother works at the cleveland engine plant and they are having all kinds of issues with filters. He sent me a picture a couple weeks ago of a gaylord box full of rejects.

My brother works at the cleveland engine plant and they are having all kinds of issues with filters. He sent me a picture a couple weeks ago of a gaylord box full of rejects.
Ya, we collect them and return them to my FAD who gives me credit for them. Its annoying to say the least.

Back