Another Bro-Dozer. This one hauls a Side-by-Side

A SxS weighs much less than a normal slide in camper. I wouldn't worry about the weight. At the angle of the rack, it looks like the COG is right over the rear axle. A slide in seems to have more weight over the trucks bum.

View attachment 29896

Here is my "Bro Dozer" that I drive daily. And yes it has a 4 inch lift with wasteful meaty tires. And just to aggravate you further I put a Patriot sticker on it from one of their many championships. I think this sticker is from when they beat the Seahawks where the armchair coaches said Carrol should have run the ball. Okay Bro.
Very nice,looks great

View attachment 29896

Here is my "Bro Dozer" that I drive daily. And yes it has a 4 inch lift with wasteful meaty tires. And just to aggravate you further I put a Patriot sticker on it from one of their many championships. I think this sticker is from when they beat the Seahawks where the armchair coaches said Carrol should have run the ball. Okay Bro.

Did you re-gear for the larger tires?

Did you re-gear for the larger tires?

No, I didn't need to. It drives great with the 33's. If I went to a bigger tire it would definitely be a consideration. Its a 5% increase in factory size. Getting new tires this weekend as I have almost 90,000 miles on this set and got an allen wrench stuck in one.

No, I didn't need to. It drives great with the 33's. If I went to a bigger tire it would definitely be a consideration. Its a 5% increase in factory size. Getting new tires this weekend as I have almost 90,000 miles on this set and got an allen wrench stuck in one.
An allen wrench?? Dang! That's something I haven't seen yet. :(

Having had both larger and smaller … I’ve settled in that a 285 is a good on and off road tire size for me

"And my overriding vehicular ownership philosophy is: If you want to own and use a car on a regular basis that poses a massive risk to other people’s health and safety above and beyond what’s unavoidable, than you should be made to bleed money through your nose for your being a sociopath.
But yeah, other people’s safety is none of their business - in the mind of a hedonist for whom other people are cattle on a good day and live game on a bad one.
Talking about courtesy when you want the right to recklessly endanger other people is about as nauseating as it gets. You clearly have no idea what risks these cars pose based on size and distribution of mass alone."

He needs to tone it way down. He's not going to influence anyone with that tone.

Some things he implies that are true: the driver of a 6000LB vehicle is clearly a hazard to the driver of a 3000LB vehicle.

But that said, both are a hazard to cyclists and pedestrians. A Prius can kill or maim a cyclist or pedestrian. So if he's a Prius driver I'm not sure how he absolves himself of that. As a cyclist myself, I'd be happy to tell him to shove it, and sniff the exhaust of my 6000LB vehicle.

Anyway....

Interesting concept for sure, and I can see the benefit if you need to fit more of them than your trailer will handle, or want to drive without a trailer. My only issue would be I can't imagine driving with that amount of weight that high up on the truck.

Or if you have a giant travel trailer and don't want the whole works to be any longer than it already is.

Reference: I have seen trucks here in Texas towing a travel trailer or 5th wheel with a boat hooked to the back of it.

Hmmm thats not full bro truck, no lift kit at all. Sure he's got some custom wheels and tires but thats only partial bro dozer. The rack thing is cool cause you can haul the side by side while pulling a camp trailer. I assume he has that because he pulls a trailer that is not a toy hauler garage style.
Even if it is...he might have more toys than space, or the garage in the trailer is not tall/wide enough for his side-by-side.

A midsize doesn't qualify for a bro dozer unless its really crazy. Sensibility points for the smaller body size counteract ordinary lift sizes. Midsizes are more qualified to offroad as well.

There are no midsizes anymore. There are fullsize trucks and stupid-size trucks now.

Having had both larger and smaller … I’ve settled in that a 285 is a good on and off road tire size for me

Pretty sure that's what my wife runs on her Blazer.

A couple years ago, we got most of a foot of snow overnight. Around 4:15am, she left for work...arrived as usual...to an unplowed parking lot and locked building. The "we're not running, don't come in" text message had gone to everyone on day shift...but she had not seen it, because it went out just after she left.

So she did a couple donuts in the parking lot. :LOL:

Or if you have a giant travel trailer and don't want the whole works to be any longer than it already is.

Reference: I have seen trucks here in Texas towing a travel trailer or 5th wheel with a boat hooked to the back of it.
Or live/travel somewhere that double towing isn't legal.

If it's strapped down as it should be, as anyone with a brain would do, it stays in place on the rack.
What about the folks who don’t wear seatbelts, smoke cigarettes around their kids, drive drunk, never used a condom, tailgate?.....

Saw a pretty similar setup last weekend in PA. Crew cab dually pulling a trailer with 4 or 5, then they had one loaded up on the bed like this. Worked out really well. Made sense, too. Can fit the whole family in a crew cab truck.

Didn’t you just answer the “stupid rhetorical question” about where the side-by- side lands. Impressing us with the obvious?

It seemed so obvious, I was amazed such a stupid, rhetorical question was even asked...

Last edited:
Back