Another AZ score...$1 synthetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to an Autozone today to buy some Havoline full synthetic 10W-30. The manager told me if I bought an oil filter, he'd sell me all of the oil for $1 a quart.

One Motorcraft FL820S filter and about 120 quarts of Havoline and Valvoline synthetic 5W-30 and 10W-30 later and I walked out of there a very happy man.

Of course I won't have to buy oil again for about two years.
smile.gif

Normally, I HATE Autozone with a passion. But not today.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by AstroVic:
Went to an Autozone today to buy some Havoline full synthetic 10W-30. The manager told me if I bought an oil filter, he'd sell me all of the oil for $1 a quart.

One Motorcraft FL820S filter and about 120 quarts of Havoline and Valvoline synthetic 5W-30 and 10W-30 later and I walked out of there a very happy man.

Of course I won't have to buy oil again for about two years.
smile.gif

Normally, I HATE Autozone with a passion. But not today.
smile.gif

In 6 months you will be bored silly with that oil as others sing the praises of other oils
grin.gif

your lucky dude. when havoline syn went to $2/qt here at autozone, it was gone in two days max at every autozone in town. I'm surprised they had so much left after three weeks of the sale

quote:

Originally posted by AstroVic:
...One Motorcraft FL820S filter and about 120 quarts of Havoline and Valvoline synthetic 5W-30 and 10W-30 later and I walked out of there a very happy man....
smile.gif

He shoots & he.......SCORES!!! AstroVic wins! AstroVic wins...Oh, my, the BITOGers are going crazy....This is the most incredible thing I've seen since US Olympic Hockey team beat the Russians....Oh, it's pandemonium in here.....
grin.gif

AstroVic, you just won the Super-oil-Bowl, what are you going to do?
smile.gif

It seems to be working nicely in my Mom's V6 Audi, although I mixed it 2:1 with Delo 15w-40. It's kinda cold out and it cranks fine and is super-quiet.
grin.gif
About 2 years ago, I bought a bunch of Superflo Syn for a $1 and Superflo semi-syn for $.01c, it really came in handy and it make you wonder how different brands really are! I mean, basicly anyone here would use Havoline Synth or Superflo Synth at that price over a pet brand.
dunno.gif

[ February 20, 2005, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
your lucky dude. when havoline syn went to $2/qt here at autozone, it was gone in two days max at every autozone in town. I'm surprised they had so much left after three weeks of the sale

Around my area they cleaned out the 10w30 fast (both Havoline and Maxlife), but the 5w30 lingered. I just saw about 20 quarts Havoline Synthetic 5w30 today at my local AZ. I asked when it was going to a buck a quart. The guy did not know (but a store 10 miles away did go to a buck and it all flew out the door). Guess I should visit them daily now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back