Another Arizona cop dash cam video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Who fired the shot?
The guy stole a gun from Walmart, shoplifted, set a church on fire, and stole a car then began walking around with the rifle shooting it into the air and pointing it at his head threatening suicide.

Wow!
36.gif

That officer is a !@#$ing idiot, how the [censored] does he know that there are not by-standards near by? He could have ran straight into a child...

HTSS_TR He hit him going around 40mph

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Who fired the shot?
The guy stole a gun from Walmart, shoplifted, set a church on fire, and stole a car then began walking around with the rifle shooting it into the air and pointing it at his head threatening suicide.

I always find it ironic how when someone is 'threatening suicide' ... the police just HAVE to try and kill him instead... can't have suicide, this is AMERICA.

He can now sue the police force for excessive police force, injuries and win. Lawyers are salivating as it will get settled out of court.

Zpinch, recently there has been a troubling trend that suicidal people tend to kill other people before killing themselves. So yes, we can't have suicide in America. The police officer who rammed him prevented any of that from occurring.

The perp was "treated and released" from the hospital. I consider him lucky.

Hey, I'm not saying they didn't have to disable him somehow, but flooring your car and wiping around the other cruiser?! Do we live in the wild west?

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Hey, I'm not saying they didn't have to disable him somehow, but flooring your car and wiping around the other cruiser?! Do we live in the wild west?

You don't but we do. This is the southwest and there's a different attitude. And this is Tucson where a shooter killed 6 and wounded 13 a couple of years ago.

Maybe the cops should have just followed along behind and watched while he walked into a business or daycare and started shooting? In the real world there's no such thing as shooting someone in the leg and they sure weren't going to get close enought to Taze him.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
He can now sue the police force for excessive police force, injuries and win. Lawyers are salivating as it will get settled out of court.

You're probably right.

The cop protected the locals from a threat. Happened a couple months ago. It's been investgated and the cop has been cleared. The cop did well and isn't going to lose any lawsuit that comes his way. The idiot firing the gun in public got off easy.

That officer is a !@#$ing idiot, how the [censored] does he know that there are not by-standards near by? He could have ran straight into a child...

And when the criminal goes into a daycare or business and shoots up the place or takes out a few innocent people, folks like this are the first to proclaim that the officers should have done more when they had a chance. I have no problem with officers taking out criminals early and often, especially when they're walking around, waving and firing off a gun.

On a side note-what are "by-standards"?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

And when the criminal goes into a daycare or business and shoots up the place or takes out a few innocent people, folks like this are the first to proclaim that the officers should have done more when they had a chance. I have no problem with officers taking out criminals early and often, especially when they're walking around, waving and firing off a gun.

On a side note-what are "by-standards"?

Let's not forget the bullet the guy fired into the air came down somewhere. What if it hit a by-standard??

And if the cop fired and missed, what if another by-standard got hit?

A dangerous person got taken out. And no one that mattered got hurt.

It's one thing to see one of these videos long after the threat and another thing when you are there in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back