Annual Inspection question

A few days ago I brought my car to the Subaru dealer where I purchased my car for the annual New York safety inspection. Today while washing the car, I noticed that both rear wheel fender liners were damaged. It looks like a part of each fender well liner was cut out so the tech could get a better look at the brake pads through the caliper inspection holes. I know the techs make little or nothing (the dealer doesn't charge for inspection if the car was bought there) Not a huge deal but it doesn't sit right with me. Not really sure whether to complain or just forget it. WWYD?

Dealers (shakes head).

I feel for you. My last trip to the dealer for my "free" in warranty check they ruined my brand new air filter. When they checked it they left a flap sticking out - it sort of mis-shaped the filter. I caught it right away but the filter no longer fit to my satisfaction so I replaced it again. OEM filter is like 30 bucks. I didn't bother saying anything - falls on deaf ears.

2dogs

Did the car come like that? If not, the dealer can install new parts for you. I would never put up with that.
Yeah that was my thought. I didn't bring in the car to get hacked.

Last edited:
Tech should have used a flashlight and mirror.

I would go back and see what they can do for you.

If that goes nowhere a complaint to the state would set them right-- few people threaten, even fewer follow through. Having issues with stickers would put a huge dent in their business.

Tech should have used a flashlight and mirror.

I would go back and see what they can do for you.

If that goes nowhere a complaint to the state would set them right-- few people threaten, even fewer follow through. Having issues with stickers would put a huge dent in their business.
Tech should've pulled at minimum 2 wheels as per the inspectors manual

2dogs

Photo of left rear liner

Attachments

• Left rear.jpg
    Left rear.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 23