and now for something completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange thing is that TWO recent NSW premiers have never had Driver's Licences.

Wonder how they've survived....oh yes, someone else drives them

Quote:
Around half are supposed to be speeding, with statistics "9 out of 10 speeding deaths occur on bends", placed on big billboards on the outside of corners (just where you should be concentrating on either the corner of oncoming traffic.

I see Monty Python's Flying Circus is popular there.

It must be.

It's carried through to OH&S tooo...spate of people missing the last step on stairs, so signs go up "keep your eyes on the path, and hand on the rail"...place them right at the top step, and see what happens.

I was at a meeting in Boston at a nuke med producer. From outside the office building, there was this sign ..bigger than life ..hanging on the side of a bridge .. REVERSE CURVE ..with a curve that looked like someone did it with a really big compass. My partner and I just wondered how this proclamation did more than our typical warning sign with ..something like a 20mph advisory speed limit.

..but it was, after all, Boston, and such signs might as well look like this..

traffic_20sign_small.jpg

I always wanted to put up a bunch of signs in the work place that read: UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY!! .....and see what happens.

If they ever devise a system forcing people to obey the speed limit, there will be a great outcry to have speed limits set at speeds people actually drive at.

There's an Australian Standard for setting the speed limit.

Monitor traffic, pick the 80th percentile, and that's the limit.

Never gets used. Speed zones are political/fund raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back