"Ancient" 0W-30 Neither GC Nor Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Nickdfresh:
Is GC made by LubeMolly? If not, which German company makes it?

GC = German Castrol....
Hence, the only Castrol worth purchasing. Please only purchase bottles with the yellow and black label, thank you.....I really really appreciate it, you are doing all of us a favor.

quote:

Originally posted by Coop0129:

quote:

GC = German Castrol....
Hence, the only Castrol worth purchasing. Please only purchase bottles with the yellow and black label, thank you.....I really really appreciate it, you are doing all of us a favor.

Oh yeah, and if you look in the middle of this post, there is a very clear picture as to what GC is. You want the top one!

Oh I know, I saw it at Autozone with the "Made in Germany" moniker on the back, and was strangely tempted to buy it. I probably will next winter (I'm near Buffalo)...

I was also surprised to see that SYNTEC 5W-40 is Belgian...

quote:

quote:

GC = German Castrol....
Hence, the only Castrol worth purchasing....

Don't tell some people on this site that, they'll start flaming you for bashing their favorite oil;
lol.gif
I happen to agree however...

quote:

quote:

quote:

GC = German Castrol....

Oh yeah, and if you look in the middle of this post, there is a very clear picture as to what GC is. You want the top one!

Respectfully, NO!!! The top picture is the older "yellow label" version. On the back, you will find the "Made in USA" language. Yellow label is never German Castrol.

The bottom bottle might be, and probably is, GC. I qualify that, since there is a small amount of US made stuff that came with the newer red label.

Once you see the red label, you're halfway home. You still must look at the back of the bottle, and find the "Made in Germany" language, which will appear, depending upon vintage, in varying locations on the back.

Famous last words -- trust me. I haven't bought any GC in probably nine months, and I still have at least 140 quarts of the stuff on hand.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: all of it green, by the way.

quote:

Oh I know, I saw it at Autozone with the "Made in Germany" moniker on the back, and was strangely tempted to buy it. I probably will next winter (I'm near Buffalo)...

I was also surprised to see that SYNTEC 5W-40 is Belgian...

Wow, you stumbled upon some of the nearly-mythical, ultra-rare "BC" 5w-40. I've been through dozens of AZ stores down here along the gulf coast, and despite having snapped up literally hundreds of quarts of GC, I have not so much as seen one lously little quart of BC.
cheers.gif

quote:

quote:

GC = German Castrol....

Yea, doing you a favor by not buying up your precious GC, I think some people around here are spreading disinformation purposely.

Latest Batch # M060446ATW18066 from the AZ in New Braunfels TX. Spectro analysis is same as old (gold) with Mg of 466 and Zn of 1000.

wp,

You are the first poster I have seen report a 2006 batch
cheers.gif
...still made in Germany? It had BETTER be what with it being sold in New Braunfels and all. Still in the post-Katrina packaging? All I am seeing right now (even to replace the post-Katrina batches I bought) are late 2005 pre-Katrinas and, ek, I believe I even saw two cases of the honest-to-goodness-for-sure-no-kidding Made-in-Belgium 5W-40. They must be sending all the new stuff to New Braunfels...I am going to have to talk to Jürgen, Dietrich, and Sascha about this...those little guys are selling out to Deutsches Tejas.

Yes the 06 batch is MADE IN GERMANY. In the rectangular bottle. European formula on front. Get the Syntec edge on back.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

two cases of the honest-to-goodness-for-sure-no-kidding Made-in-Belgium 5W-40

I know where at least this much is sitting waiting to be adopted and taken to a nice home. I've got 149 qts of GC Green and haven't yet decided to versify my portfolio.
grin.gif

I found 15 qts of the Belgian at one AZ in Gainesville. The real stuff too! The other AZ has the other formulation( the one that says made from Imported and Domestic products)

Im going to use the BC on my next OCI and then do a sample and see some comparos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back