An insult to males across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: racer12306
Every vehicle built in the last several years has a little arrow on the gas gauge to show filler side.

Decades ago, we had a number of cars in our family. I couldn't remember which side the fuel fill was on, so I put a sticky reminder on each dashboard. I also used to put the plate number on the dash, since this used to be one of the first questions border patrol would ask when crossing.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: javacontour
I miss the filler behind the license plate. You are never on the wrong side with that setup.

And never on the correct side either.
smile.gif

"You learn something new..." I just checked and sure enough, there's a little arrow next to the fuel filler icon indicating which side the fill door is on.

I dont see the problem either..pumps are designed that way for that purpose. I often need to do that at costco..i actually dont wait as long by doing that. However I wouldnt do that unless necessary.

As someone said...CostCo has extra long hoses so you can pull to any island to fill up......

I don't see the problem here...

I end up choosing the "wrong" side every third fillup whenever I'm on the Jersey turnpike. The sign clearly says to, but I still see cars with the filler on my same side 3-4 deep in line, while the line on the opposite side has 1 or 2 (and sometimes ZERO cars waiting!)

I was thinking something else at first. He is buying gas at a dairy store, and gas is under $2. He isn't using the bright yellow diesel hose to put gas in. I think it's the diesel hose, here the handle is green. He is smart. Here it is $2.61 for the cheapest today and about $2.80 for branded, and it's cheaper here than other places around. That's the problem I have with this picture.

Station had 12 spots to pump from. We were the only 2 cars there.

he wasn't doing it because it was the only spot

I'm curious to how and why the people on here drag a dirty fuel hose across the trunk of their car at Costco just because the hose will reach...

Wow

I disagree.

The filler for my truck is on the driver side so I pull up to a pump with nozzle on my driver side.

At my Costco the lanes with driver side fillers can be MUCH longer than the passenger side filler lanes, and Costco does not allow backing in to the pump area. I will pull up to the pump with the passenger filler and stretch the hose and fill up. I don't think it is "manlier" to wait 10 more minutes to get gas.

I have never owned any vehicles with the gas tank opening on the passenger side of the car, I won't drag the hose either as I would rather patently wait. I have latent OCD (I guess) that prevents me from buying a car with a fill neck on the passenger side.

I hate that the filler on my GLA is on the left side. It's the one thing I really dislike about this car. What were they thinking?

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
May be it was a rental or service car. .

Every vehicle built in the last several years has a little arrow on the gas gauge to show filler side.

no they don't....

pb050343.980x0.jpg

Originally Posted By: BRZED
I hate that the filler on my GLA is on the left side. It's the one thing I really dislike about this car. What were they thinking?

I've read it's safer to have the filler neck on the passenger side of the car.
Having it on the driver's side caters more to convenience.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Originally Posted By: BRZED

I've read it's safer to have the filler neck on the passenger side of the car.
Having it on the driver's side caters more to convenience.

I don't want to stand on the driver's side and fill my tank with a gas can with traffic blasting past me. In case of a rollover, I want the fuel leak to be as far away from me as possible.

At least he is pumping his own gas. I see so many men in Florida that pull into the pumps and their wives or girlfriends pump the gas and they sit there and play on their phones. Its been at least 10 years since my wife pumped her own gas.

Originally Posted By: cat843
What about the vehicles where the gas cap was behind the license or tail light? (OK, that might have been a couple of years back)?

Last car with the filler behind the plate was the 1996 Caprice, Roadmaster, and Fleetwood.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
At least he is pumping his own gas. I see so many men in Florida that pull into the pumps and their wives or girlfriends pump the gas and they sit there and play on their phones. Its been at least 10 years since my wife pumped her own gas.

while i do fill our cars 99% of the time...
im not sure i would brag that my wife hasnt touched a gas pump in 10 years?
what if she goes on a road trip with her girlfriends?

are you also saying your wife hasnt been more than a tankful of fuel away from your person in 10 years...?
geez talk about controlling...

does your wife also brag to her friends that you haven't cooked a meal for the family in 10 years?
and that they should be ashamed if their husband touched anything in the kitchen...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back