An insult to males across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMAG0662.jpg

May be it was a rental or service car. Or the other lane was busy with some moron buying beer, cigs and 50 scratch tickets.

I try NOT to do that but - no biggie.

my neighborhood Costco clearly states that it provides LONG hoses for fuel.
so when all left sides are busy, i use the right side to pump over my left side.
why there is a problem?
i'm not scratching my car, and not holding the queue longer...

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
May be it was a rental or service car. .

Every vehicle built in the last several years has a little arrow on the gas gauge to show filler side.

I have to do this quite often in my Focus.

Yes, it is an oddball and has the filler on the right side. Apparently everyone else with the oddball cars with the filler on the wrong side has to go to the gas pump at the same time.

Not odd at all, my Taurus and Mercedes both have the filler on the right side. And many gas stations around here say that they have extra long hoses so you can fill it on the other side. And strangely on my Mercedes, there's no arrow which says which side the filler neck is on.

Why don't they just standardize this kind of thing. I have read that statistically it's safest on the right rear side. Make them all that way and be done with it.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
And strangely on my Mercedes, there's no arrow which says which side the filler neck is on.

Sometimes the gas pump symbol is the indicator itself. If the distributor pistol is pictured on the right, it means the filler neck is on the right side of the car. No arrow needed.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I miss the filler behind the license plate. You are never on the wrong side with that setup.

And never on the correct side either.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pandus13
my neighborhood Costco clearly states that it provides LONG hoses for fuel.
so when all left sides are busy, i use the right side to pump over my left side.
why there is a problem?
i'm not scratching my car, and not holding the queue longer...

Yup I do the same too, plus with a pickup truck you don't have to pull all the way forward to reach the fuel filler. I pull in until the rear of the cab is past the pump, then swing the hose over the bed.

He is doing the right thing ... pulling as far forward as possible so another motorist can pull behhind him and start filling up ... I don't care what he does after that.

Maybe he's trying to get every last drop out of the filler hose and keep a small footprint.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I miss the filler behind the license plate. You are never on the wrong side with that setup.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back