An amazingly fast gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is preety cool! Popular Science magazine did an article on these a year or two ago. It was neat actuly hearing it!

Conclusion:
The world's biggest and baddest shot gun!

Pretty neat.....would like to know more details though.

Here is a video of a GE Mini-Gun firing 600 rounds. LINK.

Les thanks for the link you provided.

[ February 27, 2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Buzzsaw ]

A neat feature of the handgun is that the owner is the only one who can fire it. If you lose it and somebody else picks it up, it will not fire for them. Come in Buck Rogers
grin.gif

From the above site:
quote:

It is fitted with a 64 digit electronic keying system that limits its usage to only authorised persons who are wearing a dress ring concealing a tiny transponder. The keying system - developed by a US company - can activate the handgun in just a few milliseconds, when the two codes match.

Dave

Dave, not so good a feature if you are relying on the firearm of your downed comrade after having lost/exhausted your own.

It's certainly more of a military proposition than a sporting thing, so I'm unsure why that safety feature is necessary.

Somewhat misleading when it probably can only fire 180 rounds at a time. When I see a million spent cases in back of the gun after 1 minute of firing I'll be impressed.
smile.gif

Al, it's caseless, with no moving parts.

Each "barrel" has 10 or so charges of "powder" and projectile. They are ignited electrically, starting with the first round at the front, then proceeding through the charge.

To reload, you replace the barrel.

There's almost no sporting application for it.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
Al, it's caseless, with no moving parts.

Each "barrel" has 10 or so charges of "powder" and projectile. They are ignited electrically, starting with the first round at the front, then proceeding through the charge.

To reload, you replace the barrel.

There's almost no sporting application for it.

Makes sense. Thanks
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back