Amusing or ridiculous personalized plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a very strange plate here in southeast Va in Hampton and Newport News area... A old long station wagon had a plate with zyklonB ...

I thought it was quite peculiar....And I saw that vehicle a number of times between 1993-98...

Several years later evidently someone looked that up and what it meant.... And it was the technical name for the poison gas used in the concentration camps run by the GSWP... The local paper Daily Press made a front page story about that situation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
I saw a very strange plate here in southeast Va in Hampton and Newport News area... A old long station wagon had a plate with zyklonB ...

I thought it was quite peculiar....And I saw that vehicle a number of times between 1993-98...

Several years later evidently someone looked that up and what it meant.... And it was the technical name for the poison gas used in the concentration camps run by the GSWP... The local paper Daily Press made a front page story about that situation.

shocked2.gif

I'm quite amazed it took that long.

Yeah sure did take that long....

I saw it when I was a junior in high school... And I saw the vehicle a good number of times in the next 5 years. Even though I lived 30 miles of there. A person in that area went to the local library and researched what the plate had on it... Then it got rolling really quickly from there.

I saw it when I was a junior in high school... And I saw the vehicle a good number of times in the next 5 years. Even though I lived 30 miles of there. A person in that area went to the local library and researched what the plate had on it... Then it got rolling really quickly from there.

It's amazing what they don't teach anymore. I knew that in high school. Although maybe we just knew more about the whole thing as one of my German teachers was actually in the camps, she always covered up her wrist where she had a tattoo.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

It's amazing what they don't teach anymore. I knew that in high school. Although maybe we just knew more about the whole thing as one of my German teachers was actually in the camps, she always covered up her wrist where she had a tattoo.

Was thinking the same thing, somebody had to research what Zyklon-B was???!!!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Not to pick on my wife, who I love dearly, but I mentioned D-Day to her and she had no idea what it was.

[/off-topic]
I did.
And I got the from one of the ... participants. RIP O-tata.

Ahh... I do not remember hearing the technical name for the gas...

Or if it was mentioned in a video I saw in 10th I don't remember it being mentioned in that video. Which was a rather tough video in terms of content.

Ahh... I do not remember hearing the technical name for the gas...

Or if it was mentioned in a video I saw in 10th I don't remember it being mentioned in that video. Which was a rather tough video in terms of content.

Wild! May just be the difference in history taught between Canada and the US.

Yeah we never went into that technical of a discussion about the agent used in those terrible/horrific camps. My lady had no idea about hearing about it in high school either.. . She did not learn what it was until rather recently when she was studying/reading for a section of her graduate level classes.

I was very strong in history testing while I was I'm school.... We had those yearly evaluation tests called Iowa tests. And I got over 93-97 percent of my questions right about US and world history. I remember in 7th grade there was a part of that test result that gave your grade equivalency and I had one that was 13-3.... I did not know what that meant until a teacher I had explained that meant according to the test result I had a equivalent knowledge result equal to a freshman in college. And I was a 7th grader at the time... I got invited to take the SAT tests that year because of that test result and some other parts of it that I did very well on too. . . Much to my surprise at the time when I took the SAT test it was all high level math and English... And my math score for that Iowa test was pretty much right in the average range for my grade. So... I struggled a whole lot with the SAT test due to it being math I had not even learned yet.

Yeah we never went into that technical of a discussion about the agent used in those terrible/horrific camps. My lady had no idea about hearing about it in high school either.. . She did not learn what it was until rather recently when she was studying/reading for a section of her graduate level classes.

I was very strong in history testing while I was I'm school.... We had those yearly evaluation tests called Iowa tests. And I got over 93-97 percent of my questions right about US and world history. I remember in 7th grade there was a part of that test result that gave your grade equivalency and I had one that was 13-3.... I did not know what that meant until a teacher I had explained that meant according to the test result I had a equivalent knowledge result equal to a freshman in college. And I was a 7th grader at the time... I got invited to take the SAT tests that year because of that test result and some other parts of it that I did very well on too. . . Much to my surprise at the time when I took the SAT test it was all high level math and English... And my math score for that Iowa test was pretty much right in the average range for my grade. So... I struggled a whole lot with the SAT test due to it being math I had not even learned yet.

IIRC, we covered it in like 10th grade history? Might have been 11 or 12 though. We had reading assignments that mentioned some of that stuff by name.

We certainly learned about nazi atrocities back in my primary education days.

Now? Well, we wouldn't want the kiddos to learn about anything that might be uncomfortable to hear...

Originally Posted by 02SE

We certainly learned about nazi atrocities back in my primary education days.

Now? Well, we wouldn't want the kiddos to learn about anything that might be uncomfortable to hear...

Unfortunately, that's pretty accurate. I expect my kids have learned more about WWII at this point playing WoW's and WoT's than they have in any history class, and my eldest enters grade 12 next year
frown.gif

Most of their WWII knowledge they've gleaned from me.

IIRC, we covered it in like 10th grade history? Might have been 11 or 12 though. We had reading assignments that mentioned some of that stuff by name.

The video I watched... About that history/horrific circumstances was very, very, very graphic...

For good reason...

I've had the following over the years

NO PREUS my version of NO PRIUS since that was already taken
PRIEPZM for priapism which means persistent and painful erection of the [censored].

Funniest one I've seen was KRYM PAZ for Crime Pays.

I didn't get a picture, but one place I worked shared a building with a physical rehab center and I'd see a Lincoln parked in the handicapped spot with the plate "NO HIPS" several times a month.

The dumb ones are those that only the vehicle owner could possibly know the meaning of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back