Amusing or ridiculous personalized plates

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So, saw this one tonight and thought I'd share. Some of course are more along the amusing line like "A55MAN" or "D3TH5TR" but others.... oh boy. The old folks driving it didn't look overly friendly, so I'm guessing it isn't the alternative interpretation grin [Linked Image]

And here are two more I stumbled across in my travels... [Linked Image] Having done almost 3 years in software support, I really, really sympathize with this one... [Linked Image]

Ws6

Doctor at work has "DTF" and some random numbers on his plate, which he did not select. It was issued when he bought a decorative state plate, lol! He catches so much mess over it. Saw another one from a gyno, "ATURCRVX" which was obv. intended, lol!

Saw a Ford explorer reading DORA THE. In Maine we can full-on swear now b/c the state doesn't want lawsuits or something. I can't imagine getting farther than New Jersey on one without running into a humorless cop.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Originally Posted by eljefino
Saw a Ford explorer reading DORA THE. In Maine we can full-on swear now b/c the state doesn't want lawsuits or something. I can't imagine getting farther than New Jersey on one without running into a humorless cop.
That's awesome! LOL

Saw a plate many years ago that was simply "666". He probably didn't get a lot of tail gaters, lol.

Ws6

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Saw a plate many years ago that was simply "666". He probably didn't get a lot of tail gaters, lol.
My black Ws.6 was 666 SYN. Not personalized.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by eljefino
That's awesome! LOL
In that note, I'm a bit of a music geek and joked one time that if Kia still made the Rondo, I'd buy a blue one and get a vanity plate that reads "ALA TURK".

"You got money for a vanity plate, you got money for this ticket", is how I look at it. It's not me. It's them. FACT: The longer it takes a literate person to correctly pronounce, decode or infer meaning from a vanity plate.......the less clever it'll be. Heck, people tire of their new cars after 6 months. How quickly do you think they tire of the old, personalized joke plate? Gimme a frame with skulls or those naked, kneeling mudflap ladies.

Originally Posted by Kira
"You got money for a vanity plate, you got money for this ticket", is how I look at it. ...
Funny you should say that... The deciding factor for me against getting any of the special-cause plates that Illinois issues, or a personalized or vanity plate is a quote from former governor Blago who said that if people were willing to pay extra for special license plates, maybe that's a sign that the state isn't charging enough for the standard ones. I didn't want to give him the wrong impression, so I never bought one.