amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the colder months are over I was going to try switching over to amsoil 15w 40 with the same k@n filter to kind of compare the 2 and see which my motor like more. Im doing and have done some searches but if anyone has any links to some good info comparing the 2 or just some good info on the amsoil lemme know... I know it seems to have a little longer drain intervals but as far as wear protection ill have to see, sound like a good idea?

Why use their 15w40? (which I believe is more of a diesel oil) I think their 10w40 would be a better choice for your LT1 over their 15w40. Although in all honesty, I bet you'd still see stellar results with their 5w30 or 10w30 as well, without the loss of MPG and horsepower you'd see with the slightly thicker oil.

quote:

I think their 10w40 would be a better choice for your LT1 over their 15w40. Although in all honesty, I bet you'd still see stellar results with their 5w30 or 10w30 as well, without the loss of MPG and horsepower you'd see with the slightly thicker oil.

I was thinking of doing this at one time but TS said the 10w-40 shears down easily and it doesn't have any FM's.
dunno.gif

Formula94LT1 I think you have a good idea. I think we tend to think too much and test to little on this site!! Most people that claim that 5W30 or 10W30 will protect just as well have normaly not tested this out themself to prove it!I say go for it!!! The 15W40 is an excellent oil! I doubt you will see any significant difference in fuel millage unless all your driveing is around town. Seeing how you are only turning 1800 RPM's going down the HWY. .10 or less of a mile reduction in gas millage is insignificant and you would only notice it if you operate a fleet of vechiles around the clock!

P.S. So far everyone that has tried a thicker oil has either seen improvments or their wear has stayed the same. All have experinced less oil consumption and a reduction of slaping or knock symptom.

[ December 14, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: JohnBrowning ]

Hey all my driving is around town and I use schaeffers 15w40 right now adn didnt notice any difference in milage ??? I put my car on the dyno and power was a lil more than it should have been for what was done too, but if the amsoil's 15w40 is about teh same viscosity as the schaeffers stuff then I would try I mean I live in texas where a full month out of teh year is usually above 100 degrees along with some super killer humidity... I only drive 4 miles to work though but I sometimes take long FUN types of drives which the thicker oil may help lemme know what you guys would be interested in seeing also... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back