Amsoil

As long as your warrant is in effect, use any good synthetic. Then switch to Amsoil and extend your drain intervals. I used Signature series 5W-30 in a CAT. Ran it 3 years/15,000 miles, changing the filter every year with an oil sample. Oil was still doing great when I finally changed.

Anyone know why Delvac Extreme 15w-40 is not on the Ford list? It has the minimum 1,000ppm of Ph they ask for. On my Ford 6.0 the wear results are stellar with Extreme...only 7ppm of Fe and 0 or 1 ppm with every other wear metal.

Anyone know why Delvac Extreme 15w-40 is not on the Ford list? It has the minimum 1,000ppm of Ph they ask for. On my Ford 6.0 the wear results are stellar with Extreme...only 7ppm of Fe and 0 or 1 ppm with every other wear metal.
Either mobil didn't find it essential to get it approved, or it almost seemed for a while that Ford was maybe not approving Full Synthetic oils unless they were 0W40 or 5W40, because Rotella T6 15W40 wasn't approved until very recently although the 0W40 and 5W40 have been approved for a while now.

Used to run Amsoil exclusively in a NA port injected vehicle....mpg up slightly from conventional, low wear numbers and was able to (conservatively) extend my OCIs. They make good oils and as Kjmack said, I'm 100% certain their oil is better quality than Motorcraft.

In what way? Witness any engine failures due to not using Amsoil? Have some UOAs to post up? I do....using Supertech Walmart Oil in my diesel truck...severe use....and stellar UOAs. Need to get off the koolaid and stop spreading bad information. Amsoil is not "better". It's simply another oil choice....and a pretty expensive one that is not needed for longevity and good performance.

In what way? Witness any engine failures due to not using Amsoil? Have some UOAs to post up? I do....using Supertech Walmart Oil in my diesel truck...severe use....and stellar UOAs. Need to get off the koolaid and stop spreading bad information. Amsoil is not "better". It's imply another oil choice....and a pretty expensive one.
Actually in some applications and certainly for logically extended OCI's some oils are better than others.

Use what is needed for your situation. Stop telling others what to use for their situation.

Last edited:
Actually in some applications and certainly for logically extended OCI's some oils are better than others.

Use what need for your situation. Stop telling other what to use for their situation.
yeah

Use what need for your situation. Stop telling other what to use for their situation.
Well pablo....

1) It was asked
2) I didn't tell anyone what to use...but I DID call out fase statements in a discussion on a forum. I guess I can telll them what to do if I agree that Amsoil is simply the best out there?
3) Are you not "telling me what to do" by telling me not to tell others what to use? What dilemma.

LOL....you gotta be kidding, right? When was the last oil-related engine failure you were witness to because of shelf oil?

What an absolutely false statement.
I had to look back, but I think you misinterpreted what has been said, I believe they were pointing out that oil in general for heavy duty vehicles has been hard to come by on shelves for months, worse in some regions than others.

yeah

Well pablo....

1) It was asked
2) I didn't tell anyone what to use...but I DID call out fase statements in a discussion on a forum. I guess I can telll them what to do if I agree that Amsoil is simply the best out there?
3) Are you not "telling me what to do" by telling me not to tell others what to use? What dilemma.
Hmmmmm..........no. I'm not telling you what do, I am saying in general, not you in particular there seems to be this effort on BITOG to talk people out of Amsoil.

Let see............OP is looking for a synthetic HDEO 10W-30. Which ones listed in this thread are better than Amsoil?

Amsoil DTT 10W-30

Amsoil ADN 10W-30

LOL....you gotta be kidding, right? When was the last oil-related engine failure you were witness to because of shelf oil?

What an absolutely false statement.
The last time I went to Rural King all they had for diesel oil was Rotella T1 SAE 30. So I stand by my original statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im just looking to see what others think of amsoil that have used it and then used in a 22 Ford 6.7? Ther is a lot of things i like about syn oil's and there is no 10-30 full syn available around me.
When I had my Fords, Bronco and F150s with the 5.0 engines, I just always used the Ford Motorcraft 5w30. Worked just fine doing about 5000 to 7000 oci. I do use Amsoil 5w20 in one of my cars. A 2009 with 180,000 or so miles because I do longer oci in that one.

Back