Amsoil

Im just looking to see what others think of amsoil that have used it and then used in a 22 Ford 6.7? Ther is a lot of things i like about syn oil's and there is no 10-30 full syn available around me.

I'd just use Rotella T6 5W40 if you want syn oil, it carries the Ford approval and is about half the price of Amsoil, which is a pretty big deal when you're using 4 gallons a change. Since you're in socal, you could also use 15W40 and it should be all good, since you're fine using Amsoil which doesn't have any approvals, you could use 15W40 Delvac Extreme full synthetic or even 15W40 Rotella T6. Although for the problems people run into with these, under warranty I highly suggest sticking to the manufacturer approved oil just incase you have any issues.

I'd just use Rotella T6 5W40 if you want syn oil, it carries the Ford approval and is about half the price of Amsoil, which is a pretty big deal when you're using 4 gallons a change. Since you're in socal, you could also use 15W40 and it should be all good, since you're fine using Amsoil which doesn't have any approvals, you could use 15W40 Delvac Extreme full synthetic or even 15W40 Rotella T6. Although for the problems people run into with these, under warranty I highly suggest sticking to the manufacturer approved oil just incase you have any issues.
On my last 2 6.7's there was not benefit to running 5/40 when having the oil tested vs 10/30 the 5//40 was not much of a noticeable difference i cold feel a bit of extra drag. I notice that stuff way more then most, but on a different truck the 15/40 you could rely feel this thickness and i did not like it at all. So i want to find a syn 10//30 and as why i was looking for amsoil. The manual states CK-4 as long as it has that spc. that is all that rely matters. If i don't go syn i would stay with the Motorcraft 10/30

So get the Amsoil 10w30 and be done with it . You put in motorcraft . Why would a 100% synthetic not be good enough .

Used to run Amsoil exclusively in a NA port injected vehicle....mpg up slightly from conventional, low wear numbers and was able to (conservatively) extend my OCIs. They make good oils and as Kjmack said, I'm 100% certain their oil is better quality than Motorcraft.

That must've been recently updated, I could swear Rotella T6 15W40 didn't have the ford approval a few months ago and now it does, it was like ford really only wanted people to use 5W40 or 0W40 if they were using full synthetic and not 15W40.
Last revision date shows 1/12/2022 on page eleven.

I live in So Cal and drive a 19 F-350. I’ve been running Amsoil but wanted to switch to something that was approved that I could pick up on the shelves. O’Riley, Autozone, and Napa have nothing in stock for some reason as far as Rotella or…. Maybe I’ll just stick with Amsoil 🤷‍♂️

0A6D47CA-A040-44E4-9F94-06EAD20DDA02.jpeg

Im just looking to see what others think of amsoil that have used it and then used in a 22 Ford 6.7? Ther is a lot of things i like about syn oil's and there is no 10-30 full syn available around me.
Amsoil is the best. Question is, do you really need the best?

I really like their gear oils, but I use PUP for my engine oil. It's good enough, and ok on price.

Back