Amsoil XL 5w30 / Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this be ok to use in the clean and rinse phase?
If not, please advise what's the best dino to use.
Thankx,
bill

The only Group III 4-stroke engine oil that Amsoil makes is the XL series (5W-20 XLM, 5W-30 XLF, 10W-30 XLT, and 10W-40 XLO):
So with the XL exception, Amsoil doesn’t make any Group III oils:
AMSOIL has publicly stated that its XL motor oils are Group III based and its other motor oils are PAO based, specific formulary information beyond that is exclusive and proprietary.
XLM 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil

API SM/CF, SL, SJ ...
ILSAC GF-4, 3 ...
ACEA A1/B1
JASO VTW
GM 6094M, 4718
Ford WSS-M2C929-A
Daimler Chrysler MS-6395N

I'm sure you're going to get some responses saying "Follow the instructions" or something to that extent.

Do not use a synthetic, Group III, IV, or V for the rinse phase. It can be used for the clean phase, but I still prefer going 2,000-2,500 miles instead of recommended 1,500. It probably won't make any differences, I believe that has been stating on here before.

Get the cheapest stuff you can find, Wal-Mart Super Tech is my suggestion, and use it along with Frank's instructions.

Yep, Frank says group III is fine. He's recommending Platinum in your other thread. Maybe contact Pablo by pm and get his opinion on the other components of that AMSOIL. I had been under the impression that many group III's still use esters for additive soluability but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back