amsoil xl 5w-30, 2007 subaru outback 2.5i

Status
Not open for further replies.
also using fuel power and lube control.

341426369_9L8Yu-L.jpg

Hi Tweaker43,

I concur with Blackstone on your silicon not being from dirt...your aluminum was too low for that to be the case. Maybe some folks who are more knowledgeable in this specific additive set can chime in on it's use in their formulations. What were you running for your previous fill and what is your driving style over these two OCI's? What are you using for a filter? FWIW- you made >7500 miles with a viscosity dip and all wear metals looked ok. The absence of fuel dilution is a good thing too. Your iron was about 2ppm/1000 miles so it would be interesting to know what interval Blackstone's universal averages are based on (3,000 or 5,000 miles?) to compare this rate to. I definitely wouldn't run this oil any farther...you got your money's worth out of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pickled
What are you using for a filter? ... Your iron was about 2ppm/1000 miles so it would be interesting to know what interval Blackstone's universal averages are based on (3,000 or 5,000 miles?) to compare this rate to.

Yes, what filter are you running?

IIRC, Blackstone Subaru 2.5L universal averages are based on 4,400 miles. The averages are the same regardless if it's a 2.5 turbo or 2.5 n/a.

-Dennis

Last edited:
x
Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Sorry, I meant air filter.

11.gif

-Dennis

the first uoa was a purolater, the second was an oe filter.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
I would not run this combo beyond 7500.

Do you have something specifically to complain about, or do you have some line you draw in the sand at 7500 miles? Just curious.
55.gif

Not complaining at all. Just saw the tbn for this combo was dropping and iron was up. Why push it?

I have to agree. The XL has never blown me away. IIRC this is an engine that commonly puts out very low metals. Nothing to complain about here but nothing to justify the cost either IMHO. Looks like the oil has been run about the right amount of time.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Not complaining at all. Just saw the tbn for this combo was dropping and iron was up. Why push it?

Good enough. I just wonder when someone says "I would (or would not) do (fill in the blank)" and doesn't provide the back fill in the route that brought them to the recommendation.
55.gif

XL was good for 7500 as it stated on the bottle. As I stated previously if I were the OP I wouldn't go any farther than what they did on this interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back