Amsoil vs Mobil for 2014 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

I read where so many people claim that amsoil is better than mobil 1. There are also many people who consider being better by how long the oil will last before the oil needs to be changed. In my eyes when I think of one oil being better than another is due to oil break down against metal to metal friction,and wear. I know a lot of people use synthetic in regular passenger cars because they don't want to do an oil change every 3,000 miles. For me it's all about metal to metal friction under a heavy loads. So which is better under extreme pressure Amsoil vs Mobil 1 ?

35.gif

Which Amsoil/Mobil 1 oils are you referring too ?

Amsoil Signature Series , XL or OE ?

Mobil 1 regular ,AFE or Extended Performance ?

And I concur with Bluestream - There are no best oils - Both companies make great oils.

Usually comes down to personal preferences and experience why some favor one brand or brands over the next.

Last edited:
No specific amsoil or mobil 1,just the basic synthetic oil.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One

And I concur with Bluestream - There are no best oils - Both companies make great oils.

Usually comes down to personal preferences and experience why some favor one brand or brands over the next.

At the amsoil website I just came across DOMINATOR® 10W-30 Racing Oil. Now this is right up my alley!

Last edited:
As with so many things in life, choosing oil is not about minor ways in which one may be better than another......It is about being at least as good as it needs to be, with a price and availability that meets your needs.

"Better" or "Best" does not always pay off, in the world of diminishing returns. When the body turns to rust before the engine shows wear, how is "Best" any better?

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Neither is better. There is no "Best Oil"
The best oil is the oil is Sell !

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I read where so many people claim that amsoil is better than mobil 1. There are also many people who consider being better by how long the oil will last before the oil needs to be changed. In my eyes when I think of one oil being better than another is due to oil break down against metal to metal friction,and wear. I know a lot of people use synthetic in regular passenger cars because they don't want to do an oil change every 3,000 miles. For me it's all about metal to metal friction under a heavy loads. So which is better under extreme pressure Amsoil vs Mobil 1 ?
Metal to metal friction under load is what the additives are for, oil keeps the parts separated when the oil film is displaced the zinc boron what ever is used does the protecting. Oils are more similar than different. Try Amsoil it cost more, so it must be better.

Actually there is.

Then, there's no specific answer.
Originally Posted By: lawnguy
No specific amsoil or mobil 1,just the basic synthetic oil.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One

Originally Posted By: CT8
Actually there is.

Please elaborate.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: CT8
Actually there is.

Please elaborate.

We would all love to know.

^This

Depends on the application, and how long you wish to run the OCI.

My neighbor has 250k miles on his 13 year old Toyota running bulk dino and cheap filters, with most of the OCI's being 7-8k miles. He scoffs at the idea of spending even $10 more on an oil change
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back